+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Kitchen aid owners- what accessories do you have?

I am totally obsessed with my new kitchenaid stand mixer and now want to buy every attachment they have ! Which ones do you have and love and where did you buy them? I found a couple of good sites from the USA an easy 50% cheaper than here! I'm looking at getting the ice cream maker, ravioli maker and mincer to start with !
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 08-01-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Be careful of the ice cream maker - I have read that the USA version doesn't match the machine sold in Australia. It seems to be the only attachment that has this problem. I have bought the glass mixing bowl and pasta press from the USA and they are both great. Amazon.com. I got them for around $200 together when the pasta press cost $435 by itself in our local kitchen shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is that the pasta press that you just put the ball of dough in and it comes out in whatever shape? ( no need to roll it?) thanks for the tip on the ice cream bowl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pasta press, mincing attachment, glass bowl: all purchased in the USA and brought back by friends. Pack of two plastic covering lids bought at Kitchen Warehouse online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have both the pasta press and the pasta rollers. Just a tip with them, use the half semolina/ half tipo flour recipe. I've also got the mincer and sausage stuffer, and the glass bowl. I love all my kitchen aid stuff but it is WAY cheaper in the USA. I bought my pasta press from Macy's when we were on vacation for $170 USD. It's over $400 here

I do want the paddle with the scraper and the extra large whisk. Both are cheaper on Amazon and they will deliver here.

Happy Baking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! I'm so excited , Just confirmed that the US Icecream maker does not work here ( thanks for the info tb2!) so I'll buy that here but the rest of the attachments i found on a great US website called cooking.com , so will start ordering soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You should be right with the rest of the attachments, but definitely buy the ice cream one here.

I was going to buy the mincer and pasta attachment, however Santa brought me a shiny new red Kitchenaid Artisan food processor which is awesome and does a lot of those features anyway.

Pity he didn't match the colour of the processor to my existing Kitchenaid mixer, but beggars can't be choosers I guess!

I'm going to buy the glass bowl and recipe book next.

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work in a Kitchen Store and Sell these love love love mine

I have the Ice Cream Bowl... It's the Aussie Model so fits and works fine!!

I'm lucky because I just borrow the other ones from work when needed! My favourite is the 3 piece set.... It has the mincer, fruit strainer and the slicer/grater!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I have the pasta one, sausage maker and the mince one love it, next thing I'll be greeting is the ice cream bowl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oohhh what colors does everyone have? I got the platinum series ( with the glass bowl) in black satin , it's like this sparky metallic black! I also want to but the blender and food processor but I think they only make them in black and red?