+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to get pregnant while still breast feeding

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone fell pregnant trying but still breat feeing?? I have a 5 month old and my husband and I would like to try for another baby soon. I still don't have my period but will that not come back till I stop feeding?. I don't want to stop breast feeding my baby but wondering if there is something I can do to start ovulation. She feeds 4 times in a 24 hour period plus 3 solid meals and sleeps from 6am6pm - just to give u some info.
    Thanks for ur help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant when DD1 was 3 mths old And she was fully breast fed till 8 mths old so it is possible. All the best and hope it doesn't take you too long to fall pregnant :-).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've conceived twice while breastfeeding, but my period had returned both times and my cycles were close to normal when I fell pregnant. Both times I continued to feed throughout my first trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it varies from woman to woman.

My AF returned when DS1was 9 months old. We started ttc when he was 18months with no success.

His last feed was on his 2nd birthday and I fell pregnant with DS2 the very first cycle.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got pregnant while Breastfeeding 3 hourly when ds was 6 months. We were NOT trying and using condoms and it still happened. My period had returned though I had 2 cycles before our surprise.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    It certainly does vary from woman to woman. I had to stop breastfeeding completely in order to fall pregnant this time. We had been trying for 7 months, and my doctor suggested that breastfeeding was probably acting as a really effective form of contraceptive for me. So... eventually I gave in, and weaned DD. We fell pregnant during my first full cycle after we'd totally stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive fallen pregnant twice while breastfeeding, the first time I had one period and caught the second egg the 2nd time it took a bit longer I ended up going for some testing to see what my hormones where doing, Id have to go find the thread to recall what hormone I had tested so I'll try searching for it...

I'm having trouble searching for it, I think it was my pegesterone levels, sorry not much help..
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 08-01-2012 at 20:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much for that...much appreciated...will c how I go..just one more thing...I'm trying to decide on a car seat. Has anyone got the maxi rider convertible booster. They r from 6 months up to 8 years...if so how did ur bubs go being in A forward facing seat at 6 months? I'm worried it's a bit early?.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Research shows that babies are safest in a rear-facing car seat. There are lots of seats that convert from rear to forward facing on the market. Most your can keep bub rear facing until they are 12kg and then the seat is fine forward facing until they are 18kgs.
    One of my girls I kept rear facing until 21 months because she was so little.
    HTH