+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all your great replies girls! Good to know I'm not alone. Firstly, we're in Melbourne, and would love catch up's with other large families!

Yes, have to try and address the issue. The problem is most of these people are DH's relatives or friends. I've put a lot of pressure on him now to confront the issue with these people as the problem's not going away.

It's funny, but you smaller family mums say what many of our (nicer) friends say when we either come to visit or they visit us: that our kids are like a great rent-a-crowd. They entertain their kids no end. The mums are forever badgering me to give them tips on how to make their own kids better behaved as mine have such good manners.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bgbgbb For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We get excluded and I have wondered if it's the lots of kids things, mind you there's only 4 of them!!!

I need new friends:-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you need some new friends. DDs Godmother has 8 kids and they get invited to every party or occassion we have. We also go and visit them at their house once or twice a week. We currently only have one (soon to be two) and her kids are so great with DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    that is so unfair

DD's cousins have two step-siblings, when the four of them all come over together DD is the happiest kid in the world It's the only time half of her toys get played with...

Have you tried making their kids stay outside when they visit you? Maybe they would get the message?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (08-01-2012),bgbgbb  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Come be part of my family while I only have one DD my friends and family have heaps more and the unwritten rule to everything even weddings is if you aren't gonna bring ya kids (one friend has 11) then don't come at all!!!! Yes every now and again we have adults only dinners but it's so hard to organise babysitters that we only do it once or twice a year!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nelle7250 For This Useful Post:

bgbgbb  (10-01-2012)

7fornow is offline Blessed Mummy to 1 awesome man and 6 lovely ladies!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all PP and think its a pity you dont live in Brisbane

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7fornow For This Useful Post:

Seacretsquirrel  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 6fornow View Post
    I agree with all PP and think its a pity you dont live in Brisbane
    I know! All my friends with large families live in QLD, particular Brisbane. Must be something in the water there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that is incredibly rude to expect your kids to stay outside!! They are not animals! I have found people assume because you have lots of kids they must all misbehave. I find that and I only have 3 ( soon to be 4). I would love to meet and socialize with large families but don't know any :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I decided to post on my facebook page about my grievances (knowing very well the person involved is on fb) and although I was very general about the situation, they soon realised that I was frustrated at them. They took offence and don't want to catch up with us anymore, which is just fine for me, as I'd rather catch up with people who really want us to visit (it was DH's cousin and he's a pain anyway)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bgbgbb For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (28-01-2012),elleandsam  (01-02-2012),Seacretsquirrel  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bgbgbb View Post
    Thanks for all your great replies girls! Good to know I'm not alone. Firstly, we're in Melbourne, and would love catch up's with other large families!

Yes, have to try and address the issue. The problem is most of these people are DH's relatives or friends. I've put a lot of pressure on him now to confront the issue with these people as the problem's not going away.

It's funny, but you smaller family mums say what many of our (nicer) friends say when we either come to visit or they visit us: that our kids are like a great rent-a-crowd. They entertain their kids no end. The mums are forever badgering me to give them tips on how to make their own kids better behaved as mine have such good manners.
    I have 2DDs 3bubs on the way. Both girls are well mannered 20 mth old is just too much of a dare devil! Lol already finding inlaws wont take her as eldest is fav and friends with just one child mainly ask for eldest to come and play :-(
    Melb also!
    Making our own fun! After the year I had in 2011 - if you can't take me & my family for we are - not worth our time!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to CrissyG For This Useful Post:

7fornow  (28-01-2012)