+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Elevated beds

Will this work? We have number two on the way. We only have two bedrooms and dd room is tiny. New bub who is due in July will so will go into dd's bedroom around 6 months.
    We had plans to squeeze both cots in there as dd's cot converts to toddler bed she will be 3.5 at that stage

I was thinking is there a way I could buy an elevated bed for dd and have the cot under dds bed ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I've seen them called loft beds at like Ikea and stuff, i'd do it if it were limited space, just would get a side rail for a 3.5 year old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's what we have. Son is older (8) but he in loft bed and DD2 is in cot underneath. We got ours from "bunkers' not cheap but very sturdy and well made. Looked at the Ikea ones but they weren't as good and didn't seem sturdy ( could sway them a bit at shop) But great idea for saving space. We got the really high loft but there are lower ones and you can have as an 'L' with cot under

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrie77 View Post
    That's what we have. Son is older (8) but he in loft bed and DD2 is in cot underneath. We got ours from "bunkers' not cheap but very sturdy and well made. Looked at the Ikea ones but they weren't as good and didn't seem sturdy ( could sway them a bit at shop) But great idea for saving space. We got the really high loft but there are lower ones and you can have as an 'L' with cot under
    Do you have a pic? And you use your own cot right not part of the bed as I'll just use dd's cot under

Yes I'll prob use two side rails lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you on FB? I could take a pic and upload to there....I could try on here ,but as you can see from my avatar(bump it 2.5 yrs) I have had zero success on here with pics. Our loft has pretty good side rails...well my 2 yr old falls out of bed I discovered when she shared on holiday recently in double bed...but she has made her way up to loft and slept fine ( yes she is a climber)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most loft beds & bunks now have rails the whole way round apart from where ladder or stairs are. If you Google loft beds you will see what I mean

Sent from my HTC Legend using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I saw some great full length sides at Ikea when we were there last

Thanks
    Reviews