+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I've just started this program, doing week 1 day 3 tomorrow, I've already lost 0.5kg this week so I'm very excited!! It probably helps that everywhere around me is hilly so or makes it more intense

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still here!! Just about to start week 4!! Yay for me. I've just ordered a new pram too ... just a cheapy jogging pram but very excited for Mr Mail Man to make the delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Welcome Emj

You're taking along the pram AND the pup? Talk about multitasking! How are you finding it?
    Not finding it too hard ... I've not really got alot of choice with no family and DP being away so much, besides bubba loves it and so does the pooch.

I got rounded up by a mean looking (and sounding) dog the other day ... my stupid pup is huge but just thinks everything wants to play with it. A good Samaritan in a car that drove past saw my predicament, turned around and hearded (read: chased with the car) the dog back into its yard!!

Its way too hot here too and wet season is making for a muggy start to the day ... I think most of the weight I've lost is fluid LOL I'm literally dripping by the time I get home eeeww

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    What happened to this thread? Is everyone still running?
    I'm off for my first run in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck.
    I'm still here!! Haven't run in about 2 weeks though ... I've just been uber busy and havent had the time! I'm hoping to start up again this week.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    How's everyone going? I'm officially at week 8 but the last 2 runs I've done 5ks which took me just over 30 mins so i guess I've graduated, just in time too as i got a BFP last week so I'll keep running as long as i feel comfortable and then switch to swimming once it gets a bit too much.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    How's everyone going? I'm officially at week 8 but the last 2 runs I've done 5ks which took me just over 30 mins so i guess I've graduated, just in time too as i got a BFP last week so I'll keep running as long as i feel comfortable and then switch to swimming once it gets a bit too much.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Congrats on the BFP!!!!!! I must have missed that thread.

You are doing awesome. I had 2 weeks off (again) as we have been moving, and went for my first run again yesterday. I started at week 4 again, but I think that I'll bump it up for next time. My PT went hard on me today as I've been missing his sessions too, so it might be a few days till I can get out again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just started the c25k program and have to say am loving it. Being someone who's useless at running and knowing what to do its great. I'm feeling great and living being back in the gym. Does anyone use skimble?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Everyone,

Im an older member who has not been on here in a long long time, but i seen this thread and had to comment. In 2009 i started the c25k, i was around 90 kilos. This program changed my life. Before the c25k i was an overweight mum who did no exercise. It took me much longer than the allotted 9 weeks, but it changed my life forever. I still run, i regularly run 40+km a week and will soon be competing ( ok i wouldnt call me self a competitor maybe completing would have been a better choice of words)

anyway just wanted to say keep it up, you can do it and completing it will change your life if you let it, dont worry about how long it takes Just Do It

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DALLASMUM View Post
    Everyone,

Im an older member who has not been on here in a long long time, but i seen this thread and had to comment. In 2009 i started the c25k, i was around 90 kilos. This program changed my life. Before the c25k i was an overweight mum who did no exercise. It took me much longer than the allotted 9 weeks, but it changed my life forever. I still run, i regularly run 40+km a week and will soon be competing ( ok i wouldnt call me self a competitor maybe completing would have been a better choice of words)

anyway just wanted to say keep it up, you can do it and completing it will change your life if you let it, dont worry about how long it takes Just Do It
    Thanks Dallasmum. That's inspirational. I love hearing from people who have changed their lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just started my second week, have to say I'm loving it!!! And that's a lot for me as I don't normally like running at all and now I find myself looking forward to jumping in the treadmill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, Dallasmum! Thanks for posting your inspirational story!
    I've just started on week 4 and I'm really loving it. In the past I've said I don't have time for exercise but it's so easy to find 30 mins 3 times a week. I really think I'll keep this up for the long term.
    Those Podrunner tracks that Shoopuf linked to earlier have been so great