+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooooh, I'll join you!
    I'm absolutely unfit and I have very little time, but my little miss likes sleeping in her pram, so if I do it when she's going to bed I might be able to combine her night time walk with getting fitter (and how cool that I just saw this thread! I've been wishing I joined last years c25k forthe last three months, but just haven't gotten around to it yet)

Hoping my crappy iPod accepts the tracks, because i tend to walk to the beat of my music anyway :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    I did Day 1 Week 3 for the first time tonight. Youch - that last running leg almost did me in. I'm pretty sure I was panting FAARRRKKK right at the end there, which would explain why the people I was passing were giving me strange looks. I couldn't hear myself over the music, so it's not really my fault

I'm loving the swimming - I sneak in when DS and DH are doing swimming lessons on a Saturday and I swim for the half hour that they are in the pool. Saturday was my first day back in the pool since early December when lessons finished for the Christmas break so I'm really happy with how I went. It's nice cos I feel like I'm getting an upper body workout as well.

I'm having a few twinges with the knee on occassion - and DS hid my knee strap sometime today so I went out tonight without it, and I might be paying for that tomorrow I think.

How's the hypermobility? Was your run today ok?

I'm going to see how I go with week 3. If tonight is any indication I may be able to go up next week with you, but we'll see how the old joints are.

How is everyone else going? Fearless - have you done Day 3? How did you find it?

And delisa? Were you able to do another run this week?

Let's have a bit of for all of us
    Awesome!! How did your knee pull up without your strap?

Haha I literally LOL'ed when I read your bit about the panting ... I'm exactly the same!! I'm so grateful I can't hear it over the music - I'd probably be too self conscious to ever run again!

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    happygrl, I actually skipped day 3 and went on and started week 2, did that Sunday and then day 2 today. I'm loving it! I feel like I could go on to week 3 already, will see how I feel on Friday. Don't want to push too hard but i reckon at this early stage it should be ok.
    I just need to remember to wear proper sport socks, got the beginnings of a blister today.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    Woohoo go Fearless!! That's fantastic! Are you going to move straight onto Week 3 or give Week 2 another go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emj View Post
    I've just started this as well!! But since DP works away I push the pram and drag the dog along too. I actually considered the pooch to 5k program LOL
    Welcome Emj

You're taking along the pram AND the pup? Talk about multitasking! How are you finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Ooooh, I'll join you!
    I'm absolutely unfit and I have very little time, but my little miss likes sleeping in her pram, so if I do it when she's going to bed I might be able to combine her night time walk with getting fitter (and how cool that I just saw this thread! I've been wishing I joined last years c25k forthe last three months, but just haven't gotten around to it yet)

Hoping my crappy iPod accepts the tracks, because i tend to walk to the beat of my music anyway :-)
    Yay Gandalf! Welcome

Have you had a chance to give it a go yet?

AFM - I did Week 3 AGAIN today ... and didn't get injured

I think I can probably move on to Week 4 again next week (fingers crossed!). I just love running. It makes me feel so free and childlike. Today there were lots of puddles and mud from the recent rain, and even though I looked like a lunatic, I had so much fun running through them and jumping over them

Hands up who's a weirdo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Awesome!! How did your knee pull up without your strap?
    It's holding up pretty well. Better than the rest of me - I had the PT session from hell yesterday and I feel like an 80 year old. I still went for my run today though

I think I can probably move on to Week 4 again next week (fingers crossed!). I just love running. It makes me feel so free and childlike. Today there were lots of puddles and mud from the recent rain, and even though I looked like a lunatic, I had so much fun running through them and jumping over them

Hands up who's a weirdo
    That sounds like so much fun. It was hot, and windy here. I don't know how I managed to get a head wind both ways

I'm not entirely sure whether I'm going to be moving on next week. I'll have to see how I go after Sunday. If I run on Sunday - it may not be until Tuesday that I get to run next.

I've been doing the program and walking to get my distance up to 4km for the extra part, but today I just did the program and did 3.4km in the time. I have no idea if that's any good or not? How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow happygrl - I admire your commitment! I'd probably be rolling around on the floor moaning after a PT session, not out running! Go you!

Are you running on a track or on grass or sand or ... ???

Distance-wise, I'm averaging 4.8 - 5.2km (depending on the day and whether or not my hip flexor gives in) for Week 3. I'm running on a paved running track for most of it though, and it is not overly hilly.

I did Week 3 again today. I know I said I was going to move onto Week 4 but I'm so scared of getting injured! In more exciting news though, yesterday I bought a pair of Nike Frees, and got to try them out today!!

They are so light and flexy and bright orange!!! I love them! Felt like I was running on air, and I didn't feel my hip flexor once! Highly recommend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    well done to you all

I haven't had a chance yet. Trying to find time in our madhouse. plus apparently there's a rapist in our area atm, and all the men in my life are being a bit 'don't go out alone/in the dark' - which is when i'm more likely to do running, cause i'm busy while there's light outside

Am going to attempt first thing after school drop off on tuesday, since its getting a touch pathetic on my part But at least i've been getting at least 3-4long walks in each week. just need to add the running part into it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Im in

My little girl is 9 1/2 weeks now and I have just had the all clear from the OB to start pounding the pavement again. I have been walking the pram regularly around my hilly suburb since I got out of hospital, but thought I'd wait till the all clear before getting back into the running. Don't really need to lose too much weight (breastfeeding did that trick) but definitely need to get the tone and fitness back!!

Will check out the iPod tracks you have been referring to and pull on the joggers later today.
    Thanks for getting me excited about running again!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Plodding through it

I've just started week 5 - DD is 14 weeks old and hoping to get fit enough to go to Syd and do the City2Surf in August....even if it means I shuffle through it!! That being said my suburb is relatively flat, so slightly terrified of the hills in the City2Surf!! eekk!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    well done to you all

I haven't had a chance yet. Trying to find time in our madhouse. plus apparently there's a rapist in our area atm, and all the men in my life are being a bit 'don't go out alone/in the dark' - which is when i'm more likely to do running, cause i'm busy while there's light outside

Am going to attempt first thing after school drop off on tuesday, since its getting a touch pathetic on my part But at least i've been getting at least 3-4long walks in each week. just need to add the running part into it.
    Eeeeep!!! How scary. I hope they catch him soon.

Wow happygrl - I admire your commitment! I'd probably be rolling around on the floor moaning after a PT session, not out running! Go you!

Are you running on a track or on grass or sand or ... ???

Distance-wise, I'm averaging 4.8 - 5.2km (depending on the day and whether or not my hip flexor gives in) for Week 3. I'm running on a paved running track for most of it though, and it is not overly hilly.

I did Week 3 again today. I know I said I was going to move onto Week 4 but I'm so scared of getting injured! In more exciting news though, yesterday I bought a pair of Nike Frees, and got to try them out today!!

They are so light and flexy and bright orange!!! I love them! Felt like I was running on air, and I didn't feel my hip flexor once! Highly recommend!!
    I'm just running on the pavement. I wish there was a running track around here. There is a bike track, but I don't like running along there at night.

I really, really want to try the Nike frees. Do you think they would be OK on the pavement, or are they best used on a running track or grass?

AFM Well I'm out for a couple of weeks at least - I've managed to aggravate an old back injury so I'm on light exercise only for a while. No running. No weights.

I'll be going back to walking, hopefully DS will stay in the pram for long enough for me to get a good walk in every day otherwise I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Hopefully it won't set me back too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What happened to this thread? Is everyone still running?
    I'm off for my first run in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    What happened to this thread? Is everyone still running?
    I'm off for my first run in 2 weeks.

Wish me luck.
    I'm still here, trying to run! It's been far too hot in Melbourne the last few days so i am going to try to get out Monday night when the cool change comes. Am considering getting a treadmill off eBay so i can run whatever the weather. How did your run go? I find even a week off and my fitness drops dramatically!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub