+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done to everyone who's doing the C25k challenge

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    does anyone know about/practice bare feet running? I had a suspicion last time i was running that many of my injuries were caused BY my running shoes, especially shin splints. So i started doing one run a week in just old worn out sneakers, and made sure i was on gravel and took it really easy. It seemed to help somewhat.
    I've been looking into this as well. I'd love to try running in some minimalist shoes - the Nike free look good - but it's a lot of money for me to spend if it doesnt suit me.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delisa View Post
    I'd like to join in if that's ok? I am not as fit as all of you and only made 10 minutes of day one week one tonight :-(

BUT for the first time in my life a ran!

I am using the treadmill and I will be (fingers crossed) hopefully complete day one week one from start to finish tomorrow!
    Nice work getting started!! Just coming in to say I just did w1 d2 and it was heeeaps easiers than day 1. I think if it's been a long time or you've never run before, your body just gets a bit of a shock at the new type of movement- it should get easier and easier, just keep going with week 1 as long as you need to! Also, the other thing i forgot to do the other day was PACE MYSELF. When I'm starting out I find I need to run really really slowly- as slow as my walking pace. Once your body is a bit more used to it you can start to go a bit faster.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

delisa  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did Week 3 again today, and didn't get injured

I think I am going to do Week 3 two more times before I move on to Week 4 again, just to be sure to be sure.

Despite the heat today, I actually went faster than I have done before, so I am pretty happy with that I think partially I was running faster cause there was this creepy guy running at a similar speed to me, so every time I walked he would overtake me, and then when he walked I would overtake him, and he kept saying random stuff as I went past. Awkward!!!

I suspect he was a little crazy

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome Shoopuf.

I've been doing week 2 for a couple of weeks, and I've had a couple of twinges in the knee, and been a bit stiff a couple of times but I think I'm going to move on next week.

Today's supposed to be 32 so I'm declaring a rest day

I'm not seeing a lot of difference in the scales, but my measurements dropped down 15.5 cm in the past 8 weeks, which I'm pretty happy with. What I think is better is that I'm feeling so much fitter - I managed to swim a km in under 30 mins yesterday.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to happygrl For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    That's awesome Shoopuf.

I've been doing week 2 for a couple of weeks, and I've had a couple of twinges in the knee, and been a bit stiff a couple of times but I think I'm going to move on next week.

Today's supposed to be 32 so I'm declaring a rest day

I'm not seeing a lot of difference in the scales, but my measurements dropped down 15.5 cm in the past 8 weeks, which I'm pretty happy with. What I think is better is that I'm feeling so much fitter - I managed to swim a km in under 30 mins yesterday.
    Woohoo! Well done you - swimming is hard work! I can barely manage 50m!

How's your knee?

AFM - I did Week 3 again today ... Starting to think I will never progress!! I suppose it is better than trying to progress too quickly and getting injured again.

One more day of Week 3 and I will attempt to level up again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did Day 1 Week 3 for the first time tonight. Youch - that last running leg almost did me in. I'm pretty sure I was panting FAARRRKKK right at the end there, which would explain why the people I was passing were giving me strange looks. I couldn't hear myself over the music, so it's not really my fault

I'm loving the swimming - I sneak in when DS and DH are doing swimming lessons on a Saturday and I swim for the half hour that they are in the pool. Saturday was my first day back in the pool since early December when lessons finished for the Christmas break so I'm really happy with how I went. It's nice cos I feel like I'm getting an upper body workout as well.

I'm having a few twinges with the knee on occassion - and DS hid my knee strap sometime today so I went out tonight without it, and I might be paying for that tomorrow I think.

How's the hypermobility? Was your run today ok?

I'm going to see how I go with week 3. If tonight is any indication I may be able to go up next week with you, but we'll see how the old joints are.

How is everyone else going? Fearless - have you done Day 3? How did you find it?

And delisa? Were you able to do another run this week?

Let's have a bit of for all of us

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    happygrl, I actually skipped day 3 and went on and started week 2, did that Sunday and then day 2 today. I'm loving it! I feel like I could go on to week 3 already, will see how I feel on Friday. Don't want to push too hard but i reckon at this early stage it should be ok.
    I just need to remember to wear proper sport socks, got the beginnings of a blister today.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done - that's awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just started this as well!! But since DP works away I push the pram and drag the dog along too. I actually considered the pooch to 5k program LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pooch to 5k. That's hilarious. I had to google to see what that was all about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast