+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I am out just got my BFP so not so much running for me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2alex1 For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (01-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2alex1 View Post
    Congratulations!! That's the best reason ever not to be dieting, well done and all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow congratulations!!

As I am still without a BFP, I did my last day of Level 3 today ... And got another 200m further than last time. So that's 400m in total I improved from Day 1 Level 3

I'm so happy with myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopuf View Post
    Yeah, running on a treadmill is WAY different to running on the ground. I'm the same as you in that running on the ground gives me less aches and pains.

What sort of stuff are you doing with your PT?
    I do one session of weights and resistance training and another of boxing/cardio. It's lots of fun and I'm lucky to have such an awesome trainer.

That's fantastic. Congratulations!!

I've been out for a week with a nasty chest infection.

Back into it next week though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    I do one session of weights and resistance training and another of boxing/cardio. It's lots of fun and I'm lucky to have such an awesome trainer.
    That's awesome! I like mixing it up, too - don't get bored so easily that way

Well, I did Day 1 of Week 4 today ... 6kms in 28 minutes!!

I'm so happy with myself, but a bit bummed that I think I've pulled a hip flexor

Hopefully it will get better quickly!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    subscribing as I will be joining you all in a week or so super excited, I've done the program twice before, once before I fell pregnant with DS and again when he was about 5 months. I stopped running b/c we moved away from somewhere with a good running track and where we live now I don't feel comfortable running at night/early in the morning, but while the weather is still nice and it's light till late I'm going to get stuck back into it and possibly go on my lunch breaks, as I live close to work and could come home and shower before going back to work. That's the plan anyway!

It is an AWESOME feeling when you finish the program!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    subscribing as I will be joining you all in a week or so super excited, I've done the program twice before, once before I fell pregnant with DS and again when he was about 5 months. I stopped running b/c we moved away from somewhere with a good running track and where we live now I don't feel comfortable running at night/early in the morning, but while the weather is still nice and it's light till late I'm going to get stuck back into it and possibly go on my lunch breaks, as I live close to work and could come home and shower before going back to work. That's the plan anyway!

It is an AWESOME feeling when you finish the program!!
    Welcome Fearless!! Have you done your first session yet? I know what you mean about not feeling comfortable running when it's not entirely light out.

I haven't run in over a week, as last time I did it I did something to my hip. Instead, last week I walked for 8km twice, and did some strength training as well.

My physio friend told me to regress to Week 3 and see if I still get hurt, so today I did Week 3 again. Alas, my injury is back. So frustrating!!!!

Damn you, hyper-mobility!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i did, on monday gawd it nearly killed me to think i used to be able to run 5k and now i can barely go a minute i think I'll have to re-think my route, though, my warm up walk is up a big hill, and the 5 minutes are up just as i get to a big busy intersection where i had to stop for about a minute.

Was going to go again tonight but did a huge amount of walking today so I'll do it tomorrow.

does anyone know about/practice bare feet running? I had a suspicion last time i was running that many of my injuries were caused BY my running shoes, especially shin splints. So i started doing one run a week in just old worn out sneakers, and made sure i was on gravel and took it really easy. It seemed to help somewhat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd like to join in if that's ok? I am not as fit as all of you and only made 10 minutes of day one week one tonight :-(

BUT for the first time in my life a ran!

I am using the treadmill and I will be (fingers crossed) hopefully complete day one week one from start to finish tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    i did, on monday gawd it nearly killed me to think i used to be able to run 5k and now i can barely go a minute i think I'll have to re-think my route, though, my warm up walk is up a big hill, and the 5 minutes are up just as i get to a big busy intersection where i had to stop for about a minute.

Was going to go again tonight but did a huge amount of walking today so I'll do it tomorrow.

does anyone know about/practice bare feet running? I had a suspicion last time i was running that many of my injuries were caused BY my running shoes, especially shin splints. So i started doing one run a week in just old worn out sneakers, and made sure i was on gravel and took it really easy. It seemed to help somewhat.
    Yay!! Yes, definitely change your route - the hill is not worth it

I have done a bit of research into barefoot running ... It seems that it IS better for you, but it takes most people a while to 'unlearn' the technique they've developed over the years to cater to running in shoes.

You might find this video interesting

Quote Originally Posted by delisa View Post
    I'd like to join in if that's ok? I am not as fit as all of you and only made 10 minutes of day one week one tonight :-(

BUT for the first time in my life a ran!

I am using the treadmill and I will be (fingers crossed) hopefully complete day one week one from start to finish tomorrow!
    Of course you can join! Welcome!!

Well done on getting started! I completely understand where you're coming from. About 3 months ago I was extremely unfit ... I've just taken it really slowly and achieved what I feel comfortable achieving each session.

I think the hardest part is getting started! You'll look back on this in a few weeks and be amazed how far you will have come