+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only recently started again - I'm doing week one for the third week and will go to week two next week.

Although its harder to run outside I find it better on my knees as I've then got a more natural stride.

I'm seeing a PT twice a week as well, so hopefully I'll start to drop the extra baby kilos I've held onto

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for putting this up, I am already going to the gym but don't find I run alot so I am now looking at starting this tomorrow at the gym

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing for later on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like I won't be starting today after all DP was home from work late and no one was free to babysit. The rest of the week should be fine so I'm starting tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrl View Post
    I've only recently started again - I'm doing week one for the third week and will go to week two next week.

Although its harder to run outside I find it better on my knees as I've then got a more natural stride.

I'm seeing a PT twice a week as well, so hopefully I'll start to drop the extra baby kilos I've held onto
    Yeah, running on a treadmill is WAY different to running on the ground. I'm the same as you in that running on the ground gives me less aches and pains.

What sort of stuff are you doing with your PT?

Quote Originally Posted by mum2alex1 View Post
    Thanks for putting this up, I am already going to the gym but don't find I run alot so I am now looking at starting this tomorrow at the gym
    Welcome Did you start yesterday? How did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bmum View Post
    Subscribing for later on
    See you soon then

Quote Originally Posted by wrena View Post
    Looks like I won't be starting today after all DP was home from work late and no one was free to babysit. The rest of the week should be fine so I'm starting tomorrow
    Bummer! Fingers crossed for today then!

AFM - I started Week 3 this morning as I didn't want to continue doing Week 2 back-to-front. It was good, but I didn't get as much distance because obviously I wasn't running as much.

I don't know if it was just me, but some of the tracks on Week 3 felt like I was running for 30 seconds, and others for 5 minutes! I wonder if this is right?

Maybe I was just distracted for the 30 second ones so the time seemed to go faster

In any case, I feel great, and because I set off at 5.30am there was no one else on the track and I got to watch the sun and moon swap shifts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing for later

I still have another 1-2 weeks where I can't run yet. I twisted (or should I say baby did!) my pelvis on one side during labour, which I'm working with a physio on at the moment. I'm almost there.

Good luck ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone also please recommend some good C25K apps? There are so many out there. Thanks
    Last edited by Pesca77; 10-01-2012 at 08:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Can someone also please recommend some good C25K apps? There are so many out there. Thanks
    I used the "ease in to 5k" one which is great because you can activate GPS to track your distance and average times

This program is great!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (10-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Subscribing for later

I still have another 1-2 weeks where I can't run yet. I twisted (or should I say baby did!) my pelvis on one side during labour, which I'm working with a physio on at the moment. I'm almost there.

Good luck ladies
    Oh no! I hope you recover quickly and can join in soon

Quote Originally Posted by saskiasmum View Post
    Subscribing!
    Saskiasmum, are you planning on joining in?

Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I used the "ease in to 5k" one which is great because you can activate GPS to track your distance and average times

This program is great!
    Thanks Anjalee! Have you finished the Program or are you still going?

AFM - I did my second day of Level 3 yesterday, but forgot to update in here! I am just absolutely loving this Program! Yesterday I got about 200m further in the allocated time than what I did last time, so I am pretty happy with that

Even though I am not doing it for weight loss, I am starting to have a bit of a problem with my clothes not fitting. I can't believe how quickly my hips have shrunk with just doing this 3 times a week

I'm going to have to try to incorporate more kilojoules into my diet somehow.

Has anyone else started yet? I'm feeling a bit lonely in here