+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Central Coast - areas, schools, facilities

Hi all

We are considering moving up the coast and I'm looking for some opinions on different areas.

We have always holidayed at Pearl Beach, so know the Umina, Woy Woy area well, but don't want to live there.

We're looking for a middle to upper class suburb with large blocks and within reasonable distance to the water. Somewhere with good schools and a safe community.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on different areas?

My partner works up the coast from Patonga to Budgewoi, but just 'looking' at different areas is vastly different from hearing real opinions about the individual areas.

I know BH isn't made up of many NSW folk, but hopefully there are a few of you from the coast who could share your advice!

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. We moved to the Central Coast from Baulkham Hills six years ago, after holidaying and weekending at Avoca Beach for 23 years. My husband works in North Sydney and our criteria for moving were: had to be a better house than we had, had to be no more than 10 mins from beach, had to be near the gym and must be close to F3 for commuting. We bought a then 3 year old house at Springfield which fits all our requirements and is close the Central Coast Adventist School where our children now attend. Great area, great school and we've never looked back. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by giveitago View Post
    Hi all

We are considering moving up the coast and I'm looking for some opinions on different areas.

We have always holidayed at Pearl Beach, so know the Umina, Woy Woy area well, but don't want to live there.

We're looking for a middle to upper class suburb with large blocks and within reasonable distance to the water. Somewhere with good schools and a safe community.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions on different areas?

My partner works up the coast from Patonga to Budgewoi, but just 'looking' at different areas is vastly different from hearing real opinions about the individual areas.

I know BH isn't made up of many NSW folk, but hopefully there are a few of you from the coast who could share your advice!

Hi there,
    I went to school at East Gosford but lived at Bateau Bay, just near the beach. I used to catch a bus which took about 30mins.
    The school was St Joseph's, fantastic school for girls. Depends if you want public or private schooling. But anywhere near the beach is beautiful. We also lived in Glenning Valley, which was really beautiful!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We are considering the same move, but have lived on the coast before. It is likely that DH will have to commute to Nth Sydney, so keeping in mind we want to be close-ish to the f3 and/or train line, suburbs we are looking at are:
    Gleaning Valley
    Berkeley Vale
    Lisarow
    Mardi
    Tuggerah
    Ourimbah
    Woongarrah
    Warnervale
    Hamlyn Terrace

However, we would prefer to stay south of wyong.

If the commute weren't an issue, I also like Kincumber, Avoca Beach etc., but the traffic is too bad IMO.

HTH

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Glenning Valley, not Gleaning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I grew up in Erina. Went to Erina Heights Primary & Terrigal High. Great area, great schools, big blocks, central to beach (less than 10min) and about the same distance to Freeway. Would recommend avoiding Nth Wyong area & anywhere on the Peninsula.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps ladies. We holiday at Pearl Beach (too expensive to live permanently) and Nords Wharf (too far up).
    I'll show this list to DP as there are a couple of places on there we haven't looked at.
    We've looked at Forresters Beach but it's not exactly the easiest for access to the F3. So these suggestions will give us another direction to go off in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live north of Wyong right near the water and only 10-15 mins to the F3. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with up here!

Miss Molly you should definitely move up here! Then I could finally meet you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zephani View Post
    I live north of Wyong right near the water and only 10-15 mins to the F3. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with up here!

Miss Molly you should definitely move up here! Then I could finally meet you!!!
    Would be lovely! Probably in 2-3 years if we do. Sigh. Seems like such a long wait, though I'm sure time will fly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Point Frederick near Gosford is BEAUTIFUL, if you can find a property near the waterfront there. I lived in South Kincumber and found the commute was fine - it would take about 15 to 20 minutes to the train station, and I had a choice of going to Gosford, or to Woy Woy. You're in the middle there. Terrigal is great too, but the drive in and out of Terrigal can be fun (although with two lanes in each direction now, it's MUCH better than it used to be!)