+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default do you live near your family?

yes? no?

if no. is it hard?

if yes, do u see them often? help support all that jazz?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I live an hour from mum normally ( currently staying with her) I like that I can drive/ train home when needed and it's only an hour or two away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No i dont live near my parents. I kinda in a way wish i did as i want to move to their town as it feels like home here. They would help but not in a baby sitting way. They might have him for an hour or so because they lose their patience too fast.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Birdistheword is offline Frightened little child, bird is the word!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I live 1300 kms from my mum, dad, 20 yr old sister and 4 year old sister. It really sucks, and I usually see them twice a year because flights can be 600 return plus more. It takes 3 flights to get there which takes up a whole day, then a whole day back. So finding time off work is sucky too..
    =( I miss them.
    Last edited by Birdistheword; 07-01-2012 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No. Inlaws are 2.5 hours drive, my parents are 4 hours drive.

sometimes I dream of how it Would be different if the inlaws lived here. No daycare, we could see a movie or go out regularly.

Plus my son loves seeing family. He gets really upset when they go home.

It is hard. You need to have some close friends to fall back on for emergencies in lieu of family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We live about 45-50 mins drive from my parents so living in Sydney, I consider that close enough lol. I think its fine, they are both always super busy so it wouldnt matter how close we lived, I'd still need to pre-book to spend time with them lol

We live about 20 mins from DF's family...he see's them regularly...I see them when necessary lol

Oh and both sets of parents help out however and whenever we need unless they absolutely can't.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    About 30min from my parents who we see every 2-3 months as they are busy raising my SB children. My ILs live in Tas (we are in WA) and we have seen them twice in 6 years, the last time we saw them they had an argument with DF and he has refused to talk to them since. I have 4/6 brothers (inc step an half brothers) who live in Perth and I haven't seen them since May last year, SIL (DFs sister) lives about 8 hours away and I saw her a year ago for about 5 min in passing at the shops.

So yeah, family support is nil here we do it alone which is very tough and isolating, I envy those who have the family support I don't, more so my brothers partners who all have daily support from their families.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sister and mum both live five minutes away. They would be of any help I needed at anytime of the day.

MIL lives an hour away. She thinks it's much too far for her to visit us, but thinks its perfectly acceptable for all of us ( with 10 month old) to travel to her.

We could live next door and she won't really be of much help - she has her own busy social life.

I think it depends on the person. If they are naturally a helpful person, then you will find they will probably try to help you out when possible.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, and I have my whole life. This includes extended family aswell. My parents and grandparents live a suburb away and my aunt and uncle are 2 streets away. I see my mum daily, and my dad weekly.
    I moved rural when I was a single mum and it was the toughest 6months I have ever had to indure, it was lonely and I felt like I had no support even though I spoke to my family daily and still saw them atleast once a fortnight.

I love living close to my family, we have alway had a really close relationship, we are European so have done the whole family weekend picnic/bbqs etc since a young age, where our whole family would get together. It doesn't happen as often anymore, but I still see everyone on a regular basis and wouldn't have it any other way.

ETA - DP's parents are also close, about 15min drive, we see them weekly aswell and we can always rely on them for any support/help we need.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 07-01-2012 at 20:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Mrs Leto; 11-01-2012 at 15:11.