+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changed opinion in birth control after unexplained infertility??

I was just wondering if I'm star raving mad because I will elect never to use a chemical or hormone based birth control again??

After 3 years of trying we finally fell pg again, however I feat the years of the pill which I have been on since I was 16 have screwed up my body.

Does infertility change your perception of the children you could have knowing that this might not come to fruition?? Or do you carry on birth control knowing the plans you want in place ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't answer the question from an infertility viewpoint, but I can say that your conclusion about not feeling right about taking chemical/hormnal birth control is very understandable.

I spent years after having my DS trying to find the "right" form of birth control, only to find that the "right" form was effectively none, (well for DH thats another matter )

If I had my time over I would have done more research on "natural" methods and counted any surprise children as the blessing that they are.

The amount of time, effort and expense I am now dealing with to correct all the side effects of years of birth control are no trivial matter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TinyStar For This Useful Post:

MumDadBoyandGirl  (07-01-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. I will never go on the pill again. We are currently TTC our 2nd and likely our last baby, but even once we have finished our family I still won't take it, and my fs/ob/gyn supports this choice (for me he feels the mirena is a good choice, even though it does contain some hormone). After we have our next baby I will probably get the mirena again for a while and the DH plans to have a vasectomy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, #1 took 4 year and a lot of fertility help, #2 was a great surprise (but we had started 'prep' work for clomid) #3 we were on Clomid again but still took 6 months. DH & I have often spoken about the 'waste' of using the pill and suspect it could be part of the hormone problems I have now. We have agreed to condoms and him getting the 'snip' after #3 is one and we have 100% sure we don't want more.

Sent from my HTC Desire using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BorrisWombatWife For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    well i can officially say i have never once used any medical form of birth control. before my relationship now, it was always condoms, always. no protection, no love mister.
    we have been trying to get pregnant for 2 1/2 years without any success. for me, birth control never played a part to my 'infertility'.