+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Australian institute of community services

Anyone with any experience with this private uni at all I would love for you to get in contact with me. Particularly if you are currently enrolled

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bump! And also sorry they are an RTO not a uni. It is kind of urgent so if anyone has used them or knows someone who has, particularly to study community welfare/servicces ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    one final bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    aics is the same umbrella rto as aipc isn't it? I know someone studying through aipc and it's ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it is the same group I think.. However that works . I have had some.. Issues.. And am curious about how other students find them. Also am just realizing they own like 5 different "institutes" which seems curious but maybe its not.. I don't know

Thanks
    Reviews
    well, for my friend - they find it just okay. Not brilliant or anything. Seems flexible enough and reasonably priced to begin with but then you add in all the little extras and it gets expensive. I honestly think that now, knowing what is available, for the cost and the time she would have been better going to uni or OUA or another tafe provider. Her main problem is that she lives out in the sticks and is working full time and a carer for elderly rellies. She has no help in finding her work experience.

But I guess it depends on what you are planning on studying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting to read. There were a lot of small hidden costs and also I have found a real lack of communication and support with the teachers. Has your friend found they have been very helpful. I have almost never heard from them until very recently

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I don't think she's found them to be much help at all really. Whenever she calls the people she is meant to in Perth, they end up having to transfer her to qld because they've just had a staff change over and don't know the answer or something along those lines. She's studying counselling, hoping to go on to finish a degree later on. Which one are you studying? Have you found any support groups on facebook or anything?