+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helsbels12 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Nice to know it seems to be a normal phase of a toddler/kids
    Would love to know why it's a development stage - what can they learn from lying???
    They learn that they can deceive someone. That "truth" or "fact" is subjective. That they can manipulate a situation. That they have control. That all sounds rather unpleasant but it is ESSENTIAL. I'd worry if my child had never lied.
    You can't appreciate the truth if you don't understand a lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lulululu For This Useful Post:

Maia  (08-01-2012)

It's all part of the process & learning about the world just as are other frustrating parts of childhood. It's all part of the game !

I wouldn't be overly harsh but firm yes & talk about why it isn't nice to lie etc but I would also be very careful because they are not silly these little people they start catching on that we lie to them etc so fair is fair. Be honest with them as much as you can be & teach them by modelling like all other things !

Similar Threads

1. 7yr old DD started lying...
    By Baby Girl in forum School aged children
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13-12-2012, 04:52
  2. Low lying placenta
    By Smartiecat in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 13:15
  3. Low lying placenta??
    By Mum2bkb in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 8