+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1 year old hates being changed

Just after some advice my 1 year old hates being changed! He screams the moment he lays down, tries to grab at anything he can - even the side of the table (i removed the dispenser etc) i then gave him a toy to play with - he throws it off the side....he wriggles tries to roll over and screams at me the whole time! It is horrible! i have even tried changing him on the floor but same thing.....any advice!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing.....no advice, but I have the exact problem with my 11 mth old twins. I feel like I've run a marathon after every change, it is hard work! Hoping this is too a phase that will pass.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If they can stand you can try using nappy pants. Distract them with food and something visual like t.v works most of the time with my DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Having the same issue with DD (9months) at the moment! She tries to roll of the change table etc and it's pretty full on- feel like we are wrestling sometimes. When it's a #2 I'm changing it can get pretty ugly lol

I change her on the floor sometimes which ekiminates some of the danger aspect and other than that I just give her stuff to play with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD2 used to be like that. I ended up putting 3 stickers on her hand when she needed changing, which would distract her while I change her.