+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What causes blocked tubes?

Hi ladies,
    I am having a hy-co-sy done at the end of this month and am so nervous about getting the results!
    I have been googling like crazy trying to find out what can cause blocked tubes and all I can find is PID or STDs. I have not had either but I have read of some women having blocked tubes and not having either of those...I'm praying so hard that that won't be me.

So what can cause blocked tubes if it isn't an STD or PID? Environmental or health issues (such as what you eat etc.)?

thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dandelion- my FS got me to do the levovist procedure as I had appendicitis as a child and apparently that can sometimes cause problems with scar tissue. BTW the procedure isn't that bad, just feels a bit crampy (I took some panadol and codeine before hand). Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow!! I never thought that could affect the tubes in any way, thankfully I haven't had that!
    thank you for reply and well wishes :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup - try not to worry too much! I don't know much about it, but I do know that IVF is really great for people with blocked tubes (since you don't need them when the embryo is implanted in the uterus) so at least that's a positive!! I am sure you will be fine though......hang in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my case my right tube was blocked from appendicitis surgery from scar tissue. So if u have any abdominal surgery scar tissue that forms can cause blockage to the tubes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FYI - I am currently 12w4 pregnant. Had no issues getting pregnant at all, first go, with only one tube. I was devastated when I had my lap results to find I had a blocked tube, and thought I would never get pregnant. So try not to stress, as long as u have one healthy tube it's still possible to get pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Endometriosis can also cause blocked tubes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had severe blockages in both tubes, unsure the cause as like yourself I never had any history of std's etc....

My issue was diagnosed as bilateral hydrosalphalinx and FS suggested my best bet to conceive was to have them both removed and begin IVF.

I had both tubes removed the month after, began IVF the month after that and first cycle first transfer I conceived my now 4 year old

I underwent my second cycle of IVF again this year in July and conceived bub number 2, due March next year

Best of luck! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a huge cyst on one of my Fallopian tubes and scaring on the other due to my burst appendix when I was younger. I had no idea of the damage it had caused or the implication it would lead to when ttc. I had both Fallopian tubes removed and did my first round of IVF this year.