+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I live with MIL and one night DH and I had a fight and I snuck out (whilst preggers) called up a friend and she picked me up and I crashed at hers. When DH and I finally worked things out and I returned back home she yelled at me for being selfish, irresponsonible, not ready to be her future granddaughters mother and told me she only puts up with me because her DS chose to marry me. Well thanks MIL for your honesty... In case you wanted to know why DH and I were fighting it was because he lied to me (big time) and of course in your eyes your son does nothing wrong so it was all my fault.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My exMIL came to stay with me and XH and would cook dinner for him n her only stating that i wojldnt like her cooking - came to stay for a week and lived with us for over 12 long months

She would only speak her native tongue when XH wasn't around and wouldn't speak English to me

Rearranged all my cupboards and threw out all my linen as it was cheap and nasty to replace it with her own - which she took when she shifted out

Demanded back every present she'd ever given to me for birthdays etc when we split up. Wanted me to repay her what she'd paid towards the wedding 4.5 years earlier.

I got the last 'laugh' - XH was an only child - his brother had died years earlier. ExMIL desperately wanted grand kids - especially a granddaughter and XH and his new wife don't have kids. I bumped into her one day and the look on her face when she saw my kids was so sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh some of these are awful!!

My DH is one of two children, his sister already has two kids.
    My MIL just a couple of weeks ago (so, at 18 weeks pregnant, which they've known about for a few months now) announced that they are moving down to where SIL lives so that she can "be closer to her grandchildren." Hrmmm OK, have you forgotten about something!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Oh some of these are awful!!

My DH is one of two children, his sister already has two kids.
    My MIL just a couple of weeks ago (so, at 18 weeks pregnant, which they've known about for a few months now) announced that they are moving down to where SIL lives so that she can "be closer to her grandchildren." Hrmmm OK, have you forgotten about something!?
    Oh darling how heart breaking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My (thankfully EX) mother in law told me I shouldn't have allowed DD to have blood transfusions. When I asked if she'd prefer DD to have died in her medical emergencies, she replied 'If thats the way of the world'.

(ex mil was brought up as Johova whitness but has NEVER practiced, or been to church in her adult life).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FIL got ripe rolling drunk at our baby shower made a right d!ck of himself, was just plain embarrasing.....

BUT if you ask my MIL it was MY MUM who got drunk..... yet she drove back to brisbane the same day, which meant she never even touched a drink.....

I only found this out because i was talking to SIL, just saying how emabarrasing he was and how dissapointed i was, when she turned round and said 'oh, that's not what mum said, according to her, YOUR mum was pi$$ed and making a scene....' I was LIVID!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nowhere near as bad as some, worst thing MIL has done was to upset my Mum & one of my younger sisters. At my baby shower they had been talking & my Mum said something about how DF & I had mentioned that my little sister could be our baby's nanny if she hadn't found a job by then (sis had just finished her childcare diploma). MIL promptly said that that wouldn't be necessary because one of her relatives (whom I had met once...) would take care of bub & my family wouldn't be needed to do anything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's my mother that I have the issues with! Her boyfriend is a complete a*** and was really rude to my OH before we were married. Due to this I explained to my mum he wasn't invited to the wedding (he's also a complete t**t about my dad aswell) so instead of acting like a grown up she ate none of her meal on my wedding day and then left straight after to go and have dinner with him.

She also refused to hug me when my cat died because 'I had been nasty about Steve (the bf) so why should she.... Well mum because I said nothing about him (wouldn't waste my breath) and because I'm your daughter! It was also her fault that my cat died because I was at uni when she got ill and my mum wouldn't take her to the vet because 'it wasn't her responsibility' - by the time I found out about this it was too late... :-(

There are hundreds of other things aswell but she generally acts like a teenager when hinges aren't going her way and enjoys deploying favouritism among her 5kids. She's responded to our contact once in the 6 months we've been here (from uk) and didn't once ask about us.

My MIL is a walk in the park compared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think some of u would get a giggle out of this!
    Attached Images

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (20-04-2012),Bekahjoy20  (18-05-2012),Gandalf  (20-04-2012),Gothel  (20-04-2012),heartjb  (20-04-2012),kriista  (21-04-2012),mrswhitehouse  (26-04-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (04-05-2012),onkybear  (21-04-2012),Wickedly Happy  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To Facebook or not to Facebook that IS the question!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (04-05-2012)