+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well she's called me fat and lazy but pretended she was talking about someone else 'cause she's too gutless to say what she thinks to my face.
    Bought only boys things when she found out I was having a girl.
    Said nasty things when she found out I was expecting again.
    Took a photo of all of DH's friends and him sans me on my wedding day.
    Kicked me out of photos at my daughter's christening.
    Sent framed photos over to my house of DH and his EX.
    Told me all of my family and friends are liars.
    Told me I 'stole' her son away from her.
    Told me that just because I was a 'big girl' doesn't mean I'll have an easy labour.
    Screwed her face up and said 'yuck' when we told her the name we'd chosen for our daughter.
    Rolled her eyes when we asked her if she'd like to look at the nursery.
    B¡tched about me incessantly to DH's sibling and partner and telling them that we only bought our home where we did because I was trying to isolate DH when it was his choice we move there.
    Deliberately sabotaged a suprise B'day dinner I'd organised for DH.
    The list goes on and on........

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by zombiekitty; 28-01-2012 at 11:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me and my MIL were good until bub came along, now she tries to tell me how to parent but the worst thing was one might she came over for dinner and DH was cooking and she asks why I am not doing the cooking and I said I was a bit tired from the day (LO was 6 weeks old!) and she replies "I had 2 children and still managed to do all the cooking, cleaning and washing"
    Needless to say I was fuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by october View Post
    Ps the new seating plan was the day before the wedding
    that's ok. Mine went in and changed the seating at the venue on the day because she didn't agree with it... Mine has done way to much to offend and **** me off that our relationship is custard and I avoid speaking and spending time with her...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kept in touch with my DH's ex-wife who made life extremely difficult for DH and me....

Their settlement issues were still dragging on when we met, she wanted to take him to court over property settlement even though he was offering 50% of all the cash/equity and ALL of the furniture and car, refused to sign the divorce papers when she found out he had a new gf, created fake facebook profile to send me abusive messages etc.

Even after DH asked MIL to stop seeing her, at least until the divorce and everything was finalised, MIL kept seeing her and had a hissy fit about the fact DH had the nerve to ask her to stop, saying she could be friends with whoever she liked. I understand that if it was an amicable relationship split or if there were grandchildren involved. But DH had no children with ex, he was faithful SHE wasn't...

I then explained the facebook msgs etc and also asked MIL if she could stop seeing her as it was making things awkward, and MIL turned around and spent her birthday with DH's ex.

SIGH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine cut up the top of our wedding cake the day after our wedding and served it out to people. We were going to freeze it for our one year anniversary!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I am so lucky to have a nice mother in law. Only thing we have to do is just put limits on how often she rings

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app so excuse the spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a MIL as she passed away 14 years ago when DH was 16

However..... I was engaged before DH and exDF mother was naaaaaasty!!!
    When exDF and I decided to move to Brisbane she said we could live with her to save some money before leaving. She did all sorts of really immature nasty things like taking my washing out of the machine mid cycle because she needed to do washing.

The day we got engaged, after showing ex's sisters and BIL and his parents the ring, she tore it off my finger and put it on her wedding finger and examined it then said "hmm it's a bit flash for you" then proceeded to wear it for the next half hour.

My favourite though was on my 21st, she pulls out her wallet and handed me $50 and said "here, it's not much but that's all your getting, if you were my kid you would get more but your not so that's it" .... Ummm ok lady, didn't expect anything from you and now I don't ever want anything from you... Hoebag!

She didn't even come outside to say goodbye the day the taxi came to tale us to the airport, stupid cow! Worst part was exDF was so wrapped up in her, a real mummies boy, at 20, living in another country working full time he still had to tell her how much he got paid for the week, what he did with his money etc... SOOOOO glad I didn't marry into that family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we announced our pregnancy with our 3rd, her reply was "I'm going to have to put a chasity belt on you to prevent you from having anymore!" she was serious with how unhappy she was about it, and continued to tell me to get my tubes tied this time through the entire pregnancy! :-(

I'm now preg with no.4 so that's the next chapter it has not been announced yet!

But I do love my MIL dearly but I wish she'd learn to think before she speaks at times!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I can't say how glad I am to read these! My MIL and DF's family is a NIGHTMARE. It came to a head about a month ago and I was almost ready to pack up and move on out if it meant getting away from them! <p>
    When (future) MIL first saw me after a couple of years when df & I started dating again she knocked on the door and acted like she never met me (she knew me quite well!) <p>

Then she was on speaker when df announced he was moving in with me and she said "oh honey, are you sure that's the right thing to do?"
    <p>
    She is ALWAYS hours late to anything, calls us on Xmas eve with plans for the next day and then chucks a wobbly when we've got plans. And suddenly all his sisters have this idea that I make us see my family over him - wonder who gave them that idea??!?!
    <p>
    Showed up an hour late to my baby shower and left an hour early (it went for 3 hours) and nagged df for me to ask his sisters and they sat on the ground IN the garden (aged 17 & 28) and didn't say a word to me, while MIL talked about how she works out on a stripper pole!
    <p>
    We visit them and she says "oh I didn't expect YOU to be here!" - uhh honey, your son doesn't drive, and he didn't fly here! She makes comments on my diets in public, openly favours my BIL's partner over me (she held a party for her, BILs partner and me as our bdays are within 3 days of each other only to have her not acknowledge my birthday at all and give SIL a card, then another fb happy birthday, again ignoring me!)
    <p>
    introduced me to df's family as his girlfriend when I was 20 weeks pregnant and had been engaged to him for 3 years.
    <p>
    Tip of the iceberg my friends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg, I don't even know where to start but the worst thing was that she told me and Dh to leave her place with our two babies at the time, knowing perfectly well that we had no where but the street or our car to live in, all because she chose her friends over us to stay there. Another time, she got angry and slapped my Dh in the face because we didn't wait for her to start my ds 1st birthday and mind you, she was 3 hrs late as well! And to top it off, she never comes to see the babies in hospital when they're born and she lives 10 min away..