+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleLilacTree View Post
    She got my daughter's name tattooed on her without our permission and before we'd had a chance to do it ourselves.

And "you don't want to watch soccer Lila, that's a po*fter sport!"
    When she has two lesbian godparents, it is a FILTHY word and what the heck's wrong with soccer?
    Omg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    When I was pregnant to DH for the first time they hounded us to abort. When I miscarried her reply was "Oh that's good".

We fell pregnant again and she went ape and said she wanted nothing to do with "it".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg! What is wrong with some people?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst would be getting rolling drunk at our wedding and making a scene during the speeches. Her excuse was that she couldnt handle seeing her ex husband (it had been 20 years since they divorced!).

She also accused me of 'making' DH move to the country to be away from his family and so I could be closer to my family. Ummm no, it was his idea to move and it took me over a year to be completely happy about the move!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    When I was pregnant to DH for the first time they hounded us to abort. When I miscarried her reply was "Oh that's good".

We fell pregnant again and she went ape and said she wanted nothing to do with "it".
    Omg what a disgusting human being. :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post

I'd want nothing to do with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My fobs mum declined to LOAN me $20 to buy food once.

When her husband died she then went on three overseas trips.

I wouldn't ask her to p$&@ on me if I was on fire now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ExMIL, tried to take DD off me, as in forever, after ex and I had a huge fight.

Blamed me for exDP growing dope when I went to exSIL for help, he was also expelled from school for doing the same, (yes I picked a great one) and kicked me out of her house.

Looking back though it was the best thing she could of done cause it gave me the excuse to leave I'd been waiting on.

And now, years later, she is my number one support for DD and constantly praises me for everything I have done. It seems it took me leaving for the whole family to wake up to what a useless dad he was, including him, who has now also changed his way and become the best FOB I could ask for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My issue is with mums MIL so my nan.

Mum and dad have been together since they were 18 and 16.
    Because mums family were considered "lower class" she was instantly hated.
    My parents got married at 19 & 17 in mums backyard by the salvos and dad was wearing his work overalls simply because his parents wanted nothing to do with it, and also that my mum was 4 months pregnant.
    Then as we all grew up, nan always put down anything mum did, we were always dirty or naughty or horrible children.
    Now... 34 years later mum still gets treated the same.
    And now I get the same treatment.
    Because I tell nan where to go!

In October last year we had my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary party where we all HAD to attend. We did it for dad more than nan.
    My nan did not acknowledge my pregnancy or my partner unless it was for a stone cold photograph.
    There were a total of 3 couples in our family who were pregnant. The others got glowing questions because they are married.
    Then my mum was talking to my UTD cousin infront of my nan and she asked if they were finding out the sex, when my cousin said no, My nan flipped her lid at mum about how people who find out are impatient horrible people who can never be pleased...
    She knew I WAS finding out.
    My partner, mother and I never felt so angry before.
    No one speaks to MY mum like that! (unless it's me :])

I have not spoken to my nan since.
    And I highly doubt she will meet my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow.

Mine isn't MIL but FIL.

I was 7 months pregnant with DD and we had a house inspection so dh and I were cleaning. Fil said he'd help. Great, lovely we could use it.
    Well dh & I started arguing, fil decided to get involved - started yelling at me (all while DS who is 10 months-ish is in the house). Well I don't take sh1t from no one and had a go back, dh saw his father raising his hand and grabbed him. He was going to hit me. Dh told him to leave but he stood there for 5 minutes saying he was going to take dh, DS and this baby away from me. Report me to docs (for what? No clue...).
    Dh told him to leave as he wasn't welcome.
    I then went into stress and had a few contractions

Stupid me, dh told me that his dad was a dic*head I didn't listen. I thought I was doing the right thing by inviting him into our lives so he could meet DS... Well now I'll never do that again...