+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TimTamsandTea is offline ...if only all relationships were so perfectly sweet!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Certainly nothing compared to some of these stories but ...

I was railroaded into letting MIL make my bridesmaid's dresses.

I found a design I really liked.

A few weeks out from the wedding, she asked the girls to come for their first fitting.

Dresses were all but complete. They were not based on the design I chose, nor the material.

She said what I had chosen didn't compliment the different body types of my bridesmaids.

Had she said something sooner, I would've taken this on board.

p.s - they were revolting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine accused me of deliberately ruining acfamily function by pretending thst DS was sick and needed to go to hospital. Unfortunately for me she put enough doubt into DH's mind that we had a massive argument and i nearly left DH because of it. Worse still, DS was actually very sick and ended up in hospital for days. But ad u said, according to her, that's all a lie.

So many other mean things have been said to me, she is constantly the cause of tension between me and DH.

I don't hate her, and I know she loves her family, but I do resent her and will never ever forget the problems she's caused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mistaken my mother for a call girl, told me dh (before we were married) shouldnt be expected to buy me expensive drinks when we were out ( I didnt even want the damn drink) and told me I was just a phase and DH would get over me and move on to a serious girl!
    I showed her! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get along really well with my MIL. We've actually asked her to come and stay with us for a couple of weeks right after our babies are born. I'm quite comfortable with the thought of her being there for the birth and being a constant presence for a couple of weeks afterwards. My mother on the other hand is a piece of work... The thought of her being at the birth or being around afterwards terrifies me.

She's told me a couple of times that I have ruined her life. Though having my twin brother has not ruined her life. I'm not sure how that works.

She's done and said a lot of other pretty horrible things so I try not to have much to do with her now. I have more to do with my MIL who lives interstate. My mother only lives a few suburbs away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mils great. But a friends mil is horrible.. She hates my friend and day after her wedding day,the mil cut up her wedding dress (literally!!) out of spite for marrying her son!! When my friends DS was born, all of her and hubbys family came to congratulate her at the hospital,except her mil..instead she went around telling everyone that my friend had slept around and DS wasnt her grandson and thats why she didnt goto hospital ! I mean seriously who says stuff like that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My WIL (witch in law) is pure evil...

Where do I start... Ummm the no comment and roll of eyes when she saw my engagement ring. When she refused to put in money for our wedding after saying she would. When I continually received boys clothes for dd1 even after she was 2! When we sat on the couch discussing the fact it looked like SIL and BIL were going to divorce, she said apparently 'everyone', not everyone just her! Thought me and DH were always going to be the ones to never make?! Ergh blood boiler!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    There are sooooo many i cant pick! Telling me she hated me and wishing her son left me a few weeks before our wedding was a biggy. So was giving away our wedding cake to her friends before we had any. Or was it telling me that she already had grandsons and didn't need another one when I was pregnant? Hmmmm...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My MIL loves to say "it's part of the parcel isn't it" god it $h!ts me off, it's soooooo dismissive thankfully I am quiet capable of not answering the phone and not calling her

Thanks
    Reviews
    **Please don't quote I will remove later**
    Last edited by PomPoms; 08-01-2012 at 17:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL hasn't spoken to either DH or me for 3 years now. Small blessing