+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What's the worst thing your MIL has done to you?

Mine just threw my dried wedding bouquet IN THE RUBBISH BIN!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! That's bad!

My mil is hard to handle.. Many little things she's done over the years but my own mother takes the cake..

Didn't invite me and my family for Xmas dinner... Just my brother and his new girlfriend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    Mine just threw my dried wedding bouquet IN THE RUBBISH BIN!!
    I'll grab the pitch-fork.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

2BabyBears  (20-04-2012),AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-01-2012),sunshinebub  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Honestly, I'd be here all day if I were to rattle off all the terrible, horrible things that ***** has done to me.
    She's evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 25-01-2012 at 07:58. Reason: starring out a word that somehow avoided the stars?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zombiekitty For This Useful Post:

Bellaxo  (17-04-2012),VintageLover  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you google my name a photo of me comes up in hospital wearing nothing but a blue sheet over my chest just after my emergency caeserean...looking very exhausted and ugly. This is thanks to my MIL adding photos to one of those family tree websites...she is unable to take it down because she used up all of her free time. I'm more annoyed with the website for allowing that to happen though than I am with her. I never gave permission for that photo to be published anywhere!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betherina For This Useful Post:

Electric Rodeo  (07-01-2012),Tatiana28  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine called me up the night before my elective c-section to yell at me why I am not her Facebook friend. Um? Cus you're a mole?

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (07-01-2012),2BabyBears  (20-04-2012),bohogirls  (11-05-2012),bubbabarrett  (21-07-2012),Cazza1981  (29-01-2012),Electric Rodeo  (07-01-2012),Jesiica  (24-02-2012),littlegreengeisha  (25-04-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (24-01-2012),sunshinebub  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by betherina View Post
    If you google my name a photo of me comes up in hospital wearing nothing but a blue sheet over my chest just after my emergency caeserean...looking very exhausted and ugly. This is thanks to my MIL adding photos to one of those family tree websites...she is unable to take it down because she used up all of her free time. I'm more annoyed with the website for allowing that to happen though than I am with her. I never gave permission for that photo to be published anywhere!
    Can you report it to the website? They should take it down with an explanation that you do not wish for it to be posted and you MIL posted it without your permission

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (07-01-2012),Witwicky  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My MIL has done many awful horrible things, but the prize winners are:

- we were saving to buy a house so didn't want to waste our deposit on a big wedding, we decided to get married in a registry office and my parents offered to put on a big party afterwards for everyone to celebrate. My MIL gave her blessing for that to go ahead, (we actually asked!) and then she moved up the date of their 'around australia' tour so that they left a month before the wedding, hoping that we would cancel it and eventually have the big white wedding when they returned. We went ahead with it without them (and without my family there too because I thought it was unfair to have anyone there if they weren't there) but just had the ceremony on our own and a small dinner with my immediate family, but on our wedding night she rang home, refused to congratulate DH, called me a f***n b**h and then laid a guilt trip on DH so bad that he drank himself into a right state and pretty much ruined our wedding dinner and evening. She also told everyone on his side of the family, that we had purposely waited for them to go and then 'rushed out to get hitched so they couldn't be there. Never mind that it had been booked for 4months prior to them leaving, and it's impossible to get married straight away with a 3 month wait list for the registry office!

- She refused to give my 8month old DS medication when he was sick because 'babies don't need medicine' and he then got a whole lot worse and suffered for her stupidity

- I got my dream job and she offered to look after my two kids while I went to work. I was going to pay her $150 a week to do it. DH took time off so I could do the two weeks of training, and then he returned to work and I went to my first official day and left her with the kids. I came home to the kids bouncing off the walls, and her screaming at me that my DS was retarded and that I was an unfit mother because he was uncontrollable. He has mild aspergers, so isn't uncontrollable, but does take a bit more effort! I refused to argue, and stayed calm which infuriated her even more, and told her that I would never ask her to watch the kids again, so it wasn't her problem any more and to please leave. She then told FIL that I had told her that they were never going to see the kids ever again. FIL had a massive argument with DH, DH backed me up, and we didn't see them for 6months. Best 6 months of our lives, but I got the blame from them for all of that.

That was really the beginning of the end of any respect DH had for both of them and thankfully over the years since then they have moved away and we see and hear from the less and less. Everytime they are around the do some kind of emotional damage, or argue and it upsets everything. If they were my parents I wouldn't have anything to do with them anymore, but it's not my choice!
    Last edited by Mum5; 07-01-2012 at 08:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mil has never liked me cos DF is an only child and she feels like I stole him away. I've always had to put up with snide remarks and interfering which I mostly tried to turn a blind eye to so as not to cause probs with DF.

It all came to a head at the beginning of last year tho when she came to pick DS up as she was looking after him while I went to work. It was like she came looking for a fight and kept going on about our finances and how much money DF owes her (it's always about money with her) and I just said to her I really don't want to hear it. She wouldn't stop, and this was all in front of DS (who was about 18 months at the time) so I told her that if she didn't calm down she wouldn't be taking DS anywhere. Well, then she lost it, lunged at me smacked me in the head, scratched the side of my face and had her hands around my throat, again all in front of DS. I shoved her off me but never lay a hand on her back. Although I felt like it, I would never do that in front of my son. By this stage, DS was screaming and crying and I yelled at her to get the f... out of my house and that she would never see any of us again!!!

She was screaming, calling me every name under the sun, telling me that she was gonna make DF leave me, that she'd take DS and I'd never see him again!! I was a mess, called DF at work and made him come home.

Of course, she lied when confronted and said that I'd said awful things to her to 'make' her attack me. We didn't see them for about 2 months but during that time DF was miserable and we fought constantly and came very close to breaking up. He just couldn't fathom cutting ties with his patents.

To cut an even longer story short, after lots of thinking and soul searching on my own, I decided that in order to save my relationship, I had to be the bigger person. So I emailed DF's dad, telling him that I didn't wanna argue or bring up the past or anything, that we all just needed to move on. It killed me in some ways as I still can't believe she did it, but I knew deep down I would have lost DF otherwise.

Since then, things with DF have been great as he respects and loves me so much for being the bigger person and putting an end to it all. And he no longer turns a blind eye to mil's snide remarks and antics and defends me and our family. She has been a lot better too. Some things she says and does still annoy me but I have learnt to choose my battles. I just wish she wouldn't see me as competition, and rather that we both love DF.

Sorry for the long post guys :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could go on forever but the one that's sticks in my head is just before we got married she begged Dh not to marry me because I wasn't good enough and then ignore me on my wedding day. I'll never forgive her for that!!