+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default AF 7 weeks after birth already? I had a c/s and tubal ligation (TMI warning!)

Hi All,

Not sure where to put this but need some advise!

Had bubs 7 weeks ago....laboured for a bit but ended up having a c/s. I also had a tubal ligation while they were in there.

So my post birth bleeding did the normal thing for about 6 weeks...basically slowed to almost nothing then it started up again. Now I have very red flow with little clots every now and then...basically it seems like AF.

I am exclusively BFing as well.

Is it possible to have AF now? Has anyone else had their AF so soon after birth?

I have no pain, I am well, I dont feel sick and it doesnt smell bad 'down there' but I am a bit confused about the bleeding.

With DS1 and 2 the bleeding went for 8 weeks but slowed til it stopped. The only difference being I went on the mini pill at 6 weeks with both (and c/s for both as well) but no tubal ligation of course.

Oh and will be seeing Obs on monday for 6 weeks checkup but wanted some opinions in the meantime.

Thanks Ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    with my last pregnancy, I had a c-section and had bleeding that lasted for about 5 weeks..it slowed then stopped and then I started having bright red heavy bleeding around 6 weeks and I went to see my GP who told me it didnt seem right and ordered a scan. They found I had ovulated at 4 weeks after the birth and I was indeed getting my period!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lucky! I wasnt sure I was going to get any replies as I know its not a common thing...and frankly I am hoping its my period and not something more sinister! What you are describing sounds exactly like what I am having.

So when you went for the scan was it to see if there was any retained placenta as well as to see if you ovulated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the normal after baby bleeding for about 4 weeks then my period was back around 7/8 weeks after birth. Ripped off!!

I'd go to your doctor just to check, just so you can not stress about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep! The doctor sent me to see if anything was left in there..but there wasnt.They checked everything to make sure things looked ok and told me I had ovulated..and it was my period returning.