+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If my daughter thought she could swear, she'd get in heaps of trouble!

Swearing AT someone is also way different to just swearing... and though I'd be happy with neither, if she swore AT someone I'd be horrified.

We're a swearing family too. DP and I say the even the c-word regularly. But just as alcohol is "for adults, not kids," so are many words. She knows it's not on... and she even thinks that "hate" is a "yucky word" (which is what she calls swear words) because I told her it's not a nice word to use... so she'll rarely use that too.

She can swear when she's older - once she's an adult herself. If I ever catch her swearing at someone though, even if she's an adult, I'll have to strongly resist the urge to slap the filth right out of her mouth.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

heeeeerekittykitty  (07-01-2012)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think it's ok for my kids to swear and I hope they never do, they certainly won't hear it at home, so unless they pick it up at school or somewhere, they will know it's not tolerated in our home.

And as for swearing at others, definitely not, whether that be their peers, their parents, their teachers, significant others, strangters, nobody!