+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would not encourage and nor would I tolerate my ds swearing at all and not that he has, not words a child needs to say in any context.
    Last edited by Veve; 07-01-2012 at 14:40. Reason: irrelevant to thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well obviously this thread is about ME.
    I do not know for a fact what was said between the kids,as I was not present.
    I swear,my kids swear sometimes,which I discourage.But its hard when they start going to school and pick up all sorts from other kids. too
    My kids dont swear at people,they get along wonderfully with their peers and dont disrespect them.
    So judge away at me if you like from one incident where I dont even know what was said,as kids will be kids and its hard to get a straight story

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, not really about you, but it got me thinking about all the times I have been sworn at, or heard a kid swear at someone, or (like my father) been told of such behaviour. But it did really hit me, the way you were so adament he had a right to tell a child to f off, whether he did or not is irrelevent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont think its right for kids to use disresectful language at all.Especially not aggrssive words towards others. I dont see why anyone would think thats funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids don't swear but they're 6, 4 and 2. We have adult words in this house but DD2 loves trying to get a reaction out of sometimes so will come out with 'crap' or 'damn it' to see if we respond. I let it go the first couple of times but then I'll just remind that she can use those words when she's bigger (I don't count them as swear words though...they're just not words I want my children to say).

When they're older, yes they can swear in front of me. As long as they don't swear at me. I find it a bit odd when kids aren't allowed to even say minor swear words in front of their parents when the kids aren't kids at all but full grown adults!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my little one is a bit too young to understand (thankfully) but i hope he turns out okay, i hope he isnt anything like the negative role models that he has in his life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I wouldn't have a *huge* issue with jasper swearing if he hurt himself, dropped something etc

But I wouldn't be happy with aggressive swearing, I really don't like aggressive swearing from anyone under any circumstances, so I would be pretty upset if jasper started doing it.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hi all

While its obvious that this is a spin off thread - the other thread was closed for a reason .. please do not refer to its content ... otherwise this thread will also be closed.

ta
    Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be horrified if I knew my child swore at someone. We're fairly strict with swearing at home, I pull my 10 yr old up for saying things like, "what the hell".

The only time I've heard her swear and let her get away with it was when she was sick in hospital and couldn't stop throwing up. Between retches she said the f word. I said nothing and kept rubbing her back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No YUCK!!!! I swear like a trooper! But NEVER EVER infront of DD or out in public/around strangers.

I hate swearing, it's revolting, I wish I could stop