+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hopeful IP's

First off just a little insight into why my hubby and I are embarking on this journey of hopefully one day having a child.

I was born with a congenital heart condition (Pulmonary Artesia) so all my life I’ve learnt to have limitations to what kind of things I could do physically. No running, participation in competitive sports and even watching that a small scratch/sore does not become infected. The hardest thing I learnt to have to deal with came about 19 years ago when the doctor’s decided I was at the age where they should tell me about children. My heart is not strong enough for me to carry a baby. It’s too much of a risk for me to take.

It took me many years and heart breaks along the way to finally accept what the doctors had told me. I found myself a man who already had children so I wouldn’t be made to feel guilty that I couldn’t give him a family. I married this beautiful, supportive man, we live our lives like every other person work, pay bills and we travelled overseas (would love to do more overseas trips). We’ve celebrated births of our friends and families children. I have even witnessed the birth of a friends child, and what an amazing experience.

It wasn’t until towards the end of 2010 when the surrogacy laws changed here in Queensland, that my dream of becoming a mummy could turn into a reality. I never let that dream slip away. A beautiful friend had always said she would be my surrogate mum when the laws came in. It was a very surreal day when her and her husband actually offered to do it for us. Never in our wildest dreams did we ever think the journey was going to be so stressful ... I went through the IVF process to get little embryos on ice and did the 6 month waiting, went through the legals, and councelling and some more waiting. Finally, the day came when we could try a transfer ... 4 transfers later and still no bub . My friend is now not longer able to help due to some medical issues.

Hopefully 2012 will bring us a better luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope 2012 brings you success too

3. The Following User Says Thank You to qjen For This Useful Post:

Wish2BaMummy  (15-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a sad but beautiful story. I'm sure you and your friend are even closer after going through that together.

My sister donated her eggs to help me out after 9 failed if attempts. We have now decided to opt for permanant care and adoption....we're not getting any younger so had to make the decision to stop eventually.

I wish you all the very best and do hope you have another shot at being a mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your well wishes I hope this is a good year for my hubby and I, if not we may have to opt for fostering or something along those lines also. Good luck with all your journeys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you a beautiful miricle in 2012 xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only wish i was a bit younger
    wishing you all the luck in the world !! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay strong Wish2BaMummy! As the song goes "Always look on the bright side of life"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

I would like to share with you all that I have found my surroangel and we will start the process in June/July.

Fingers crossed this time will be a wonderful story I can share with you all

Wishing you all luck on your baby journeys and will post update!

Katrina

Thanks
    Reviews

Awesome news! The very best of luck!