+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kb90 View Post
    dw, im only 21 and worried i wouldnt have those mother instincts but i can already feel them coming along. i think the less you worry the more you notice what works and what doesnt rather than freaking out and picking up on nothing with bub
    I was 21 when I had my DD and felt the same too! But when she arrived everything just fell into place like magic

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cousin actually gave me some dvds on caring for babies - I can't get to them at the moment but will try to find them and post the names tomorrow, but I would imagine a good baby shop would have them. The demonstrated all sorts of things like feeding, changing, swaddling, bathing. I would hazard a guess that youtube would also have a bit to offer. I agree with the other posters on some of their book suggestions. and I also agree that ABA is an excellent resource....and remember, across the different time zones, some amazing hubber will be online at all hours to help you in a crisis.

On feeding, you should expect to feed a minimum of 8-10 times a day and it will take many hours of your life but is so worth it. My advice to anyones setting out on a bfing journey - find out when growth spurts occur, this will save you much stress doubting your supply.

You'll do just fine hun, we all feel like amateurs when we start this mummy journey.

Witwicky - Don't be embarrassed, when I look back on the first couple of days of DD's like I think "did I feed her?", "did I hold her?".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (07-01-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i agree with PP, nappy feed cuddle and repeat. Youll learn bubs signs soon enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like others have said, the midwives will help a lot and baby will let you know when she/he needs feeding!

The Maternal and Child Health nurse I see recommended the Raising Children Network website for lots of useful parenting information.

I find Google the best resource for most parenting questions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks so much ladies. you have all made me feel so much better and a little bit more confident that i can actually do this. guess i was just having a first timer melt down and realised i really dont have that long to go before bub is here. it really only sunk in today that at the end of next month i could possibly be holding my precious little girl in my arms.

thanks again ladies you are all such a big help. (i dont think i could do this with out the help of you hubbers- i would have lost my sanity along time ago)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I agree with the previous posters 100% gentle birth gentle mothering is a great book, very much trust your instincts add a huge dash of self confidence and focus on your baby.