+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Visiting kids, bedrooms, and things getting trashed

Pages ripped out of books, bookcases emptied onto the floor, lots of toys broken. Does this happen when other kids visit your house? I expect mess, but the destruction is new to me..

Do you put things away when other kids come over? Or have a separate playroom and say no kids in bedrooms? What do you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    The place gets trashed, but nothing gets damaged. The kids visiting know the rules of our house and if they break the rules then parents are called (and if parents are there the kids are sent to sit with the parents). Most of the time they play outside anyway, but when they are indside DD1 keeps them in line lol. Kids (including mine) are definitely not allowed in any room except DD1s.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 06-01-2012 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

I've had my kids friends come over and yes they have trashed the place and the parents sometimes don't seem to give a damn. Now when we have kids come over i bring out a certain number of toys that they can play with and i put them in the lounge so the kids can be supervised. My boys bedroom and other rooms except for the toilet, bathroom & kitchen are out of bounds

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've learnt the hard way to get the kids to put their special toys away. I usually try to get them to play outside (we have play equipment and toys outside). It's not fair that your kids have to put things away but unfortunately with some kids it's the only way to stop them destroying your kids things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For me it depends on what children are coming over. The ones I know can be fairly destructive aren't allowed to play in my DDs rooms when they visit, but DD doesnt usually want them to either. If I know they might just make a bit of a mess then it's fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have friends over..their kids are young like 3 and under so I tell my 6yo to hide everything that he doesnt want touched like lego etc.Our playroom is very kid friendly,sure things have got messy and ruined.Thats just kids.Unless they were PURPOSELY ruining stuff,it wouldnt really bother me,as my kids are as rough as guts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have people replace what they break. I work hard to buy our stuff, I work hard to teach my child how to respect our belongings and other peoples belongings, so it really hurts for us to be without because I can't just replace it, you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a huge playpen in my living area. The stuff in there isn't precious. Bedrooms are off limits, I keep their special toys in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When the kids have friends visit..the house can get a bit messy..my kids know they have to clean up the mess they make! Luckily their friends have not broken anything and are respectful of our property. If something did get broken, I would talk to the parents and expect them to replace what was broken...and if visitors were disrespectful/ distructive I wouldnt be letting my kids have them over again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think some kids can get over excited when on play dates.

I know mine go silly and show off when we have people over.

--- basic supervision is needed - that's all