+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I do get offended over anything on the 'net, directly or not, I *know* it's time to go for a nice long walk outside.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

DQ  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    I guess what really bothers/offends me is when people who have absolutely no experience with a topic will have their say about it anyway. For example, if someone says "I need help with a dyslexic child..." (an example, not a real thread) I get frustrated when comments are made by those who don't have a dyslexic child, but may know one through an aunt's second cousin or they work with them or they've read about them and so they feel that this qualifies them to comment. I wish that, in that circumstance people would exercise a bit of personal discipline and refrain from commenting. I think it's this type of behaviour I find offensive because it's just so unhelpful and disrespectful IMHO.
    Could not agree more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way!!

I'm a regular on another forum and it is very heated most of the time. When it does get heated I get hit the x in the top right and walk away.

You can tell which threads have been made to stir the pot or certain members who are just plain bored.

DanceInTheRain is offline Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not really offended, annoyed or frustrated, yes. Which is why I tend to read and not post much in the 'stir the pot' threads. The only time I have been genuinely hurt was when I was about to give birth to my son and had already chosen his name and I got hammered in another forum for our choice. His name is Zackery. I got told 'I feel sorry for your child', that I was 'going against the bible' (um not religious plus Zachary isn't even in the bible, it's Zachariah) and a whole heap of other insults. It really almost made me change his name until I woke up and realised I was letting some faceless Internet women affect me. He is still Zack and he's gorgeous
    Last edited by DanceInTheRain; 07-01-2012 at 13:26.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DanceInTheRain For This Useful Post:

DQ  (07-01-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I guess what really bothers/offends me is when people who have absolutely no experience with a topic will have their say about it anyway. For example, if someone says "I need help with a dyslexic child..." (an example, not a real thread) I get frustrated when comments are made by those who don't have a dyslexic child, but may know one through an aunt's second cousin or they work with them or they've read about them and so they feel that this qualifies them to comment. I wish that, in that circumstance people would exercise a bit of personal discipline and refrain from commenting. I think it's this type of behaviour I find offensive because it's just so unhelpful and disrespectful IMHO.
    Yeh i guess i do find that offensive. When people are asking for help with special needs and someone comes in saying they wouldnt get the child assessed as a label isnt going to do anything... Etc. That really friggen ticks me off.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just have to say, what a mature response. I have read many threads where people who claim not to be offended by what is said launch what can only be seen as a tirade against what has been said or hone in on someone and have a go at them. That someone is prepared to take responsibility for what they have said may have been understandably taken as offensive is not only disarmingly honest but really refreshing. Thank you. (I'm not sure what the icon is doing but it's supposed to be a thumbs up).

To answer the OP's question, I do find some commentary in here disappointing and like to distance myself from the bad energy this gives off.
    ^ This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nah Im not that precious.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

SpongebobMummyPants  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. If you don't know me then you can hardly make an assumption on one thing or one opinion I have stated in a thread and I can't form an opinion if you either.
    It's the Internet which for some people can be like alcohol in the sense where they are straight up and say what they think or are full of Dutch courage, not really themselves and totally full of BS lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app