+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    You need a tough hide for a forum of mostly women (mostly hormonal women too ). And a tough hide I have But I do get offended sometimes, naturally.

I remember this happened to me once because I said I liked to pack my DH's suitcase
    That was under a different username wasn't it? Because if it was I soooooo remember that thread!!!

I have pretty thick skin but yes some things said on the net I find offensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been offended on here when people have had a go at something I've said and taken it entirely the wrong way. I think there are a few people on here who like to stir the pot for their own entertainment.

I am overly sensitive at the best if times though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont get offended..At the end of the day you kind of have to remember its a forum on the internet with a bunch of women who dont know each other..words are easy to read but a lot of the time can be misinterpreted because they are written..when youre the one reading what someone else has written youre putting your own emotion into them and sometimes might not click onto the way it was meant to be said. If that makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope, mostly I just don't give a toss. Call me anything you like, have whatever opinion of me you like, I don't know you, so it's water off a ducks back.

But there have been the *very rare* occasion when I have been accused of doing XYZ which is just complete and utter bollocks and yes, I have taken offence to that.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    it takes a lot to offend me so no i dont get offened

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I once had 5 pages of people calling the most disgusting names under the sun, because I refuse to be called a feminist. Another time i had a several members tell me that I was *insert horrible names that are holding all women back into the dark ages* because I plan on always being a SAHM.

Do I care N0.

Do I let it change my belief's Hell No.
    Darling you should see the PMs that I get If I didn't already have wavy hair it'd make my hair curl

It's all water off my back. They can call me anything they like. If it's true, I'll gain nothing by defending myself. If it's a lie, they know that and I know that, so they've gained nothing.

However, I don't take sweeping generalisations about my lil family lightly.

I guess if someone made a topic and put "certain person", but it was quite obviously about me, I would be quite annoyed. I'd try and settle it through PM first but I would make a general post in the topic thread if other members were joining in the witch hunt.

If I read something nasty about myself usually I just yawn and laugh, and don't even bother to finish reading it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do people really send nasty PMs?? Yikes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nah. I get peed off at things, especially at ignorance, but rarely personally offended. We really need to remember that posting on a forum is different than conversing in real life and that generally, we don't *know* each other. It helps to have some perspective and try to take most negative stuff said with a grain of salt. I agree though that it can be hard sometimes, depending on the topic.

What gets me is when people make an OP about a situation asking for opinions expecting to get a "hugs and rainbows" response and then they get peed off when they get some opposite responses. Drives me nuts!!!!! Don't put it out there if you don't want honest opinions!! *vent over* haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowSky For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (07-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Uh oh - have I offended you too?
    Noooo, you haven't. It must have been someone else. Disregard!

Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    That was under a different username wasn't it? Because if it was I soooooo remember that thread!!!

I have pretty thick skin but yes some things said on the net I find offensive.
    Yep it was

Quote Originally Posted by LucyB View Post
    Do people really send nasty PMs?? Yikes.
    They certainly do If you get a particularly bad PM though, it's advisable to let a mod know...It's against the rules to abuse other members, whether it be in the open forum or via PM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I try not to let the internet get to mez. If something upsets me I just step away. I use to get upset but now I know life is too short to worry about what people say on the Internet.