+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lol! My interpretation of a began is a clown! Someone clowning around being silly. So nope, I use the term began alot I live in mount Isa mind you where there alot of bogans lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I descibe myself as a bit of a bogan....but I think there is varying levels of bogan...so I will describe things as bogan and they may be less bogan than me or more bogan than me. The term doesnt offend me at all.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do think it's a lot like the term wog. It's a descriptive term which relies on stereotypes, and can be very offensive or very affectionate. I have wog cousins and bogan cousins and I'm always having a little chuckle at the things they do and think 'that's so woggy/bogan' but I was at a wedding recently seated next to a really awful woman, the bride came over and whispered 'I'm so sorry I've seated you next to the biggest bogan I know' yeah, that wasn't said with any kind of affection

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Interesting thread. I'm interested to know what peoples definition of bogan is! When I think bogan I think of people wearing black, uneducated people who have little respect for society, living in rough suburbs, pot smokers and mullet haircuts. That was what we called bogans in high school anyway but these days I never give much thought to classifying people.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

starflame  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think saying 'you're so bogan' is offensive, but I don't think it's fair to be offended if someone says 'having Buddhas in your house if you're not Buddhist is bogan', it's just a small portion of the bogan stereotype and doesn't make you bogan. So unless you have several bogan things, ford or Holden merchandise, Buddhas, VB, kids with extra 'y's to be different, southern cross tattoos etc... Then what they've said isn't calling you a bogan.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    I think saying 'you're so bogan' is offensive, but I don't think it's fair to be offended if someone says 'having Buddhas in your house if you're not Buddhist is bogan', it's just a small portion of the bogan stereotype and doesn't make you bogan. So unless you have several bogan things, ford or Holden merchandise, Buddhas, VB, kids with extra 'y's to be different, southern cross tattoos etc... Then what they've said isn't calling you a bogan.
    So to clarify, if you had ford/Holden merchandise, kids with extra 'y's, then you are Bogan?

Because we do and we are by NO MEANS BOGAN!

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 06-01-2012 at 17:31.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    And so it begins.....the list of things that are considered bogan and unassuming bogans getting upset because they are being accused of being a bogan. Hilarious! We proud bogans find this so amusing..OH OH add that to the list of things bogans do/like/enjoy

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (06-01-2012),Hannahly  (06-01-2012),naebie  (06-01-2012),starflame  (06-01-2012),Stiflers Mom  (06-01-2012),Turk EnJayDee  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Does it *really* matter if someone calls you a bogan?
    I mean, this is an internet forum, and you're getting huffy over strangers calling you a bogan...
    If your friend called you one, then yeah get upset.. But a stranger?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    And so it begins.....the list of things that are considered bogan and unassuming bogans getting upset because they are being accused of being a bogan. Hilarious! We proud bogans find this so amusing..OH OH add that to the list of things bogans do/like/enjoy
    Muay Thai is a bogan sport. Did I hurt your feelings?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    We could do a spinoff thread to list things considered bogan? Mullets, smoke stack shoulders