+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think he's being a hypocrite either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post

They have actually done some studies which have raised some concerns, whilst it doesn't mean people shouldn't have IVF it raises some interesting questions and means IVF babies should be particularly mindful and monitor their health.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-timebomb.html

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80...later-in-life/
    I realise you posted the links out of genuine concern & I appreciate it. I've learned to take anything published by a media source with a grain of salt & I stick to scientific journals.

For every study showing there are concerns, there will be a counterpart drawing the opposite conclusions. Human development is far too complex and has far too many variables for any study to be considered 100% reliable or representative. Its simply not possible to prove that the health issues would not arise if the same child was naturally conceived.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellbell85 View Post
    A question though - you say your hubby doesn't want to do IVF. Have you the same viewpoint or would you go down the IVF road if he agreed?
    Um I'm not 100% sure Tbh. I mostly feel the same but wouldn't rule out changing my mind iykwim. I'm prob 90% sure I don't want to do ivf. If I really wanted to dh says he would do it, but Yeh I don't really think so. Not at thus stage at least. I to kinda think genetics/darwin stops reproduction for a reason. My dh was concieved with donor sperm as his dad sperm was no good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lindylou78 View Post
    I realise you posted the links out of genuine concern & I appreciate it. I've learned to take anything published by a media source with a grain of salt & I stick to scientific journals.

For every study showing there are concerns, there will be a counterpart drawing the opposite conclusions. Human development is far too complex and has far too many variables for any study to be considered 100% reliable or representative. Its simply not possible to prove that the health issues would not arise if the same child was naturally conceived.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub
    Exactly! I spoke to my if dr who was one or if not the first dr to produce if babies over 30yrs ago, his opinion is that there is no reason an Ivf child will have issues conceiving unless there is a genetic link. Which in mine and dh's situation there isn't a genetic link, and as for ivf children having to monitor their health pft what rubbish in my opinion, they would be no more at risk than children conceived naturally.

But getting back on track, I guess it's you and your dh's decision whether you pursue ivf or not and you obviously need to respect each others decisions. I am surprised that a person conceived through ivf themselves decides not to pursue this avenue for himself but it's his choice.

We are grateful for ivf, we are lucky to have had the help and we thank god everyday for our beautiful boys, they have made our lives complete.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Rubbish! Sorry, but what a poorly thought out argument. How can not saving an existing life be compared to not creating a new one? There is no comparison they are two completely different situations. They both involve hospitals but that is about it!
    This. Exactly this.