+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Yep!

And if they give me too much change I always give it back.

Knowingly taking something that isn't rightfully yours is stealing.
    This. Always. With a smile. I put myself in their position and think how I would feel if it was the other way round.

And Yes some companies have million dollar profits but it's not the big money earner that cops it. It's the teenage checkout chick who is only human and probably just having a bad day who will get in trouble at the end of her shift.

***How's my spelling? Call 1800 iPhone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeah I will either go back in or give them a call. Big or small business/company, it doesn't matter - they are still a family business and they will be the ones that fall short, not the company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I notice before leaving the shop, then yes. If I don't, then I'll take note of the amount and put it in whatever charity container the store supports when I next go in.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just received my first online delivery order from woolies. Instead of the 200g of snowpeas I asked for (and was correctly charged for), I am now wondering what the hell I should do with 2kilos of the things? It's a huge bag! Do I call woolies and ask how I can make up the difference? Do I call woolies and demand they pay rent on the space the damn things are taking up in my vegie crisper?

Recipes requiring bulk snowpeas anyone?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kalgirl For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (06-01-2012)

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, it all comes back eventually.

Last year I walked over to the servo to buy a Snickers bar for me and hubby to have while watching Dexter. I paid with a $10 note, and wasn't paying attention to what he gave me back. When I got home I emptied the change into the savings jar, and it was a $20 note he'd given me instead of a fiver.

I went back over, showed the receipt and got my proper change. He gave me a free Snickers as thanks so I was rapt.

I walked out of the servo, across the park, tripped on the gutter, looked back and my foot had slipped on a $50 note.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Yep, it all comes back eventually.

Last year I walked over to the servo to buy a Snickers bar for me and hubby to have while watching Dexter. I paid with a $10 note, and wasn't paying attention to what he gave me back. When I got home I emptied the change into the savings jar, and it was a $20 note he'd given me instead of a fiver.

I went back over, showed the receipt and got my proper change. He gave me a free Snickers as thanks so I was rapt.

I walked out of the servo, across the park, tripped on the gutter, looked back and my foot had slipped on a $50 note.
    Awesome story!!

I always say something if I realise. As I do if they overcharge/shortchange me.
    But if I don't notice until I get home I'm not making another trip out for a few cents or dollars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep if I check but normally I pay by EFTPOS.

When I worked at Priceline I had some woman buy something for $1 and paid with a $20 and when I tried to give her the $19 change she argued she gave me a $50 note. Lucky we each had our own cash drawers and she was my first customer for the day, we just counted my drawer and gave her her $19 change, scabby liar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I will always be honest...I was a check out girl once!!!
    I am still in cutomer service....gets some crazy nut jobs...lucky our till can show the amount we are given,,,and I lay it on top of till so I can remember!
    I would NEVER rip off anyone,dont care who it is...karma will get u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have just received my first online delivery order from woolies. Instead of the 200g of snowpeas I asked for (and was correctly charged for), I am now wondering what the hell I should do with 2kilos of the things? It's a huge bag! Do I call woolies and ask how I can make up the difference? Do I call woolies and demand they pay rent on the space the damn things are taking up in my vegie crisper?
    I wouldn't worry about it.. enjoy your free snowpeas..lol. When i use to work in homeshop for woolies i rarely weighed anything. I just made sure it was more then what they had order. It's probably what the person who picked your order did.

As for taking things back and paying for things at woolies/coles i wouldn't bother. So often when something won't scan or produce isn't in the computer we are told just to give it to the customer for free. It's more of a hassle then anything for staff to try and correct the error. If you feel bad and want to make up the difference put it in one of the charity containers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i bought a highchair from target a couple of weeks back. i had it in the trolly but because it was so big the tube of curash i picked off the shelf was hidden and i honestly forgot about it (cos i couldnt see it)
    we then went to coles to get some things and when i was scanning the items i noticed the tube, freaked out that i had accidentally stolen it from target i got dh to continue with the shopping so i could go back and pay for it.

i took my receipt and the tube of cream and said to the lady that i accidentally didnt pay for this, showed her my receipt and boy i got the most foul look from her. i apologised several times then her colleuge said thanks for being so honest and coming back to pay for it. she then gave me a 10 dollars off my next purchase (the cream was $6)

i dknt like being dishonest so i have quite often taken things back or what ever.