+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Supermarket rant.... Remember to check your dockets and use by dates.................

Ok new year eve hubby brought a box diet coke that was 4 months out of date and very off.

Today I go the fresh people And buy a 2ltr ice cream ($2.25) and charged for chicken filo ($6.50) instead. When I discover I have been charged for something I didn't buy, I have to go through huge process of proving I didn't buy it and than working out what product scanned at the wrong price. 10 minutes later i walk out with being charged the right price for the product. (at least at iga if they make the mistake you get the item free) So anyone who brought ice cream off them today was ripped off by over $4.

So just a reminder to check your dockets. I always do and I find at least 1 out every 10 dockets have a mistake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate when that happens! I always check used dates now after I bought frozen chicken that was 5 months over the date.
    Thankgod no one ate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I did drink some of the coke that's how we discovered it. Being almost 6 mth pregnant i wasn't happy.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I check the dates now after I brought roti bread that was 2mths out of date.

I actually brought ice magic yserterday and it was all funny. I wasn't goign to say anything but I decided to fill out the form on their website. They called me back first thing this morning and have asked me to post the item back (reply paid). They were really nice, I wonder what they will do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hmm i used to work at a big supermarket (they all have scan code of practice )and im pretty sure they were supposed to give it to you for free.

We always check our dockets now, im so sick of being charged the wrong price or charged for the same thing twice.

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I check dates as o grab everything off the shelf then watch the scanner as every single product is scanned, if something isn't right I pull them up on it straight away.

Off diet coke! That sounds pretty disgusting!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was charged $16 for a conditioner that was reduced to $4 was annoyed, went back and told them...they said oh someone put it there by mistake ...lady walks of to check....

She comes back oh sorry but it is not our fault someone must of put it there, as there are no other conditioners like this in there!

I pull out my phone in which I took a pic only 5 mins before walking upto service desk to complain with a picture of about 30 conditioners in the reduced to $4 basket... to which I got the conditioner free

I have also bought food that is past use by date some also moulded and was told I "swapped it" I once left about 10 items at the check out as I let my DD chose the foods and when I checked at the register it was out of date, the veggies were ROTTEN, the cheese and crumpets were mouldy.

The girl was unimpressed with me until she realized why.
    Last edited by fairyflossfairy; 06-01-2012 at 13:55.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I always, always check (before leaving) and find mistakes probably half the time. They get annoyed with me standing there but I don't care

Also, if for some reason I have to buy fruit or veg from woolies, I always find the checkout assistant entering it as the wrong item. Once I bought a parsnip and the girl entered it as carrot. When I said something, she apologised and asked me what it was exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it scans at a wrong price it's free. If product is in the wrong place u get it at the cheaper price. If the operator made a mistake eg put in red grapes not green then u get it at normal price.
    You should of got product free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I always, always check (before leaving) and find mistakes probably half the time. They get annoyed with me standing there but I don't care

Also, if for some reason I have to buy fruit or veg from woolies, I always find the checkout assistant entering it as the wrong item. Once I bought a parsnip and the girl entered it as carrot. When I said something, she apologised and asked me what it was exactly
    Thinking about the other day my zucchini were lebanese cucumbers. Price difference $4 .