+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Consistent bleeding in pregnancy

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so "hi" . Hope no one minds but I really need to "get it all out". My current pg has been an absolute rollercoaster road and today I find anxiety levels are getting ridiculous and I need a little vent. I'll apologise in advance if I'm a little long-winded.

This is my third pg and I'm 8 weeks today. I'm an older mum - just turned 39 - though my other children are 2 and 4, so I've had recent pregnancies more or less. Both previous pregnancies were straightforward, no dramas with conception, pregnancy or births. Unlike this pregnancy - I've been classed as a "threatened miscarriage" since the word go!

Pre-pregnancy #3, DH and I had issues conceiving. It took us 12 months -I had a short luteal phase, DH had low sperm morphology. I did Clomid for 5 months and we got nowhere, then in September we followed an alternate path of acupuncture and TCM.

I didn't actually think we'd conceived this month because I got AF. I only tested because AF was lighter than normal and my BBT was elevated. Low and behold, I got a BFP at 3w5d. The bleeding - either light or spotting - has continued virtually ever since. It had stopped for 5-6 days last week, but yesterday I started spotting lightly again. It didn't phase me as I'm so used to it. Albeit I wish I wasn't!!

I've had about 8 blood tests in the past month, which all showed my hcg increasing. My progesterone has been up and down a bit, and I'm now on progesterone pessaries nightly. I had a scan two weeks ago (6w) which showed a single uterine pregnancy with a heartbeat of 96bpm. Apparently it was slightly on the low side but still considered "normal".

The reason why I'm suddenly so anxious, is that just before I got out of bed this morning, I experienced a sudden small gush of fresh red blood. It wasn't heaps, but still "enough". I started off seriously worried, but since then I've had no further gushes and no bright red blood - more pinky-stained mucous when I wipe. I decided to bring forward my next scan (was meant to be next Fri), to this afternoon. I haven't had any cramps or pains, though I feel a bit bloated.

It's also niggling me that I had morning sickness last week (no vomitting though thankfully), but in the past 2-3 days I haven't felt too bad. I don't generally suffer morning sickness (very mildly with DS2), so I've no idea if something is really going on, or if this is just "my pregnancy, my way", if that makes sense. It's getting hard not to be paranoid about everything, and I'm not generally paranoid by nature.

I'm not looking for hugs etc, but if anyone has any experience with bleeding during an otherwise healthy pregnancy I'd love to hear it. The GP and scanner from 2 weeks ago told me that some women do bleed during pregnancy but have perfectly healthy babies. That's all well and good, but I'm really starting to feel the pinch of this one. Particularly when my last two pregnancies were straight forward. My poor kids too - because I'm anxious I'm a bit short with them.

This afternoon's scan can't get here quick enough. Even if it's not good news (which I am strangely prepared for), at least by tonight I should know what's going on.

Thanks for the vent ... I think I just needed to lay it all out on paper. What a way to introduce myself, huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    how did you go? i have had light bleeding at 4 and 8 weeks but so far everything is fine. I have definitely heard that it can go either way with bleeding. I hope the ultrasound showed a healthy little baby in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bleeding for 5 days recently. It started as bright red and was steady and although not a huge amount it was consistent. I was 9w 2d at the time and was worried as I had a previous mc at that time. I've since had a scan that showed a healthy happy bub with steady heart beat. I hope you have the same news. At least the scan will tell you either way and allow you to proceed as necessary. I had to wait 4 days for the scan as it was on nye that it happened so I fully understand the anxiety but it will be here soon enough. Good luck and I hope it's good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bled from 4 weeks through to 16 weeks every day with my DS. Both brown and bright red gushes The bleeding was from a subcronic heamotoma (or similar) my progesterone was ok with him though. This time I am also bleeding again daily (am currently 6weeks) but I too have low progesterone this time and am on 4 pessaries a day! I had a scan Friday which showed a HB of 99. The sonographer said it was low but in the normal range too!

Hoping your scan brings you good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk