Closed Thread
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    I can't stand cum... I have a friend who always using cum for come... Makes my skin crawl!!!
    My sister does this. Ew.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, yes. So many things that have been said bug me too. I also hate the posts with no punctuation and half text speak. I've also noticed a tendency for some people to do three dots instead of a full stop ... Of what use is that? Why are you wasting time doing three when one will do the trick? So annoying!

Also, people seem to have lost the skill of using the "ed" at the end of words. No you are not bias you are biased.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kevin Rudd has told Twitter his cat doesn't have cancer, however, will require 'quartezone' injections.

*resists urge*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    I've also noticed a tendency for some people to do three dots instead of a full stop ... Of what use is that? Why are you wasting time doing three when one will do the trick? So annoying!
    Haha - I'm guilty of this one...

See...

Like that...

Not sure why I do it, though. It's sometimes when a full stop seems a bit abrupt, and it feels more conversational to do it that way. I never do it in more 'formal' language, but I do if I'm just 'chattering' in a random kind of way. It always reads to me like kind of trailing off, or pausing. A bit like in conversation when you say things like "So... what happened next?" The 'so' is more drawn out then if you said "So, what happened next?"

I know what I mean...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post

See...

Like that...

Not sure why I do it, though. It's sometimes when a full stop seems a bit abrupt, and it feels more conversational to do it that way. I never do it in more 'formal' language, but I do if I'm just 'chattering' in a random kind of way. It always reads to me like kind of trailing off, or pausing. A bit like in conversation when you say things like "So... what happened next?" The 'so' is more drawn out then if you said "So, what happened next?"

I know what I mean...
    I do a similar thing. I like to think of it as, well ... I don't know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (02-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

See...

Like that...

I know what I mean...
    Yeah that's what I do too. It puts a longer pause that is sometimes needed in a written sentence. However I did see one member (she's probably still around) use the three dots all through her post, basically everywhere a full stop should have been there were three dots. Kind of annoying because in your head, as you're reading, you pause automatically!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, that's what I meant Hollywood. Not when it's used for a pause but when there are no full stops in a post at all just...When it is supposed to be a full stop and not a long pause it's irritating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    I can't stand cum... I have a friend who always using cum for come... Makes my skin crawl!!!
    Ha ha love my own engrish!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone having a birfday?

DH's entire family says this. I have corrected him a few times. I have since given up on him but the kids will say it correctly.

I have more to add but on my phone so it will have to wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

See...

Like that...

I know what I mean...
    I do it all the time as well, I think sometimes a full stop seems a bit abrupt?
    Sometimes it seems more expressive or something. I'm not sure really, haha

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (02-06-2012)