Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Brought and bought.... Argh!!

'I brought this from the shop...' Errr, no u didn't

You BOUGHT it!!

And

'I have being to the shop...'

No!!!! You have BEEN to the shop!

Excellerator.... (pronounciation when trying to say accelerator)

And it's not a 'rock wheeler'!! It's a freakin' Rottweiler!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if this one has been done but

'of a night...'. WTF does that mean??

Sowwest - south west

And

Aks

It's ASK

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know why youse all carnt just except that sum people are bad speller's.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post:

sunshine81  (08-04-2012),Witwicky  (09-04-2012)

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nuclear pronounced nuke-u-lar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wasn't a bad speller due to his fault but I had a kid in my class last year who kept writing crap (instead of crab) all over his work (it was a sea side topic lol) was rather amusing reading!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (25-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^^^ I got an email from a restaurant offering delicious soft-shelled crap.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

missybubble  (25-05-2012),MothersMilk  (09-04-2012),Shoopuf  (09-04-2012),Witwicky  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh is guilty of this one "I seen it" I think it's an English thing as I live in an English area and a lot of people say it.

Draws/drawers
    It's should have, not should of or shoulda.

Interestingly enough for the Adelaide people in here who remember Dazzeland their tokens actually said "Myre Centre" instead of Myer centre...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (22-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    My dh is guilty of this one "I seen it" I think it's an English thing as I live in an English area and a lot of people say it.

Draws/drawers
    It's should have, not should of or shoulda.

Interestingly enough for the Adelaide people in here who remember Dazzeland their tokens actually said "Myre Centre" instead of Myer centre...
    It's not an English thing.... Its just bad grammar. I am sure a lot of Brits do say it but that is just because their grammar is bad too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone please explain the difference between ASSUME and PRESUME? And the correct context in which to use them? I've been fixated on it for days!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breakthemould View Post
    Can someone please explain the difference between ASSUME and PRESUME? And the correct context in which to use them? I've been fixated on it for days!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    According to a google search...

"These two terms, assume and presume, are nearly synonymous and many dictionaries include one in the definition of the other. The element that is most common in the definitions of these two terms is acceptance without significant investigation. Both have definitions that refer to the taking on of roles and duties not only the formation of opinions or assessments. There is the obvious difference in the ‘as’ and the ‘pre’ in the words. These are significant and shouldn’t be discounted. ‘As’ means ‘toward’ and ‘pre’ means ‘prior to’.

So, assume can be used to refer to when a thought or opinion is held without reason. This could be based on past experience, for example. It can also refer to when an individual takes on or takes over duties or roles. One of the differences of these two terms is the use of assume to communicate acting or pretending. This might be when an actor assumes a commanding role for example. It’s an interesting difference and illustrates the difference of the prefixes. There are other definitions that are similar in nature to the elements that are shared by assume and presume.

Presume also can refer to when something is believed or an opinion is held without the requirement of proof. It can also refer to taking on duties or roles, though it is sometimes defined with a certain amount of arrogance. There is also a connotation of legality and some definitions of presume define it as a legal term. There is also a definition that is singular to presume and that is of taking advantage of something or someone. For instance, ‘you shouldn’t presume to their kindness’.

The distinctions between these words are slight in many cases. Despite that there are a number of cases that may merit one or the other for proper usage. Take this into consideration when you are choosing whether to use presumes or assume."