+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He has actually been snacking, but I figured that was because its hot here and he is just having little sucks to hydrate.. Will concentrate on longer nutritive feeds. Thank you!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Lychees can make your body 'hot'according to Chinese medicine, if you google there is a woman on who posts about eating lots of them and noticing a reduction in supply and when she stopped she had more milk, IMO it can't hurt to try stopping them and seeing what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Lychees can make your body 'hot'according to Chinese medicine, if you google there is a woman on who posts about eating lots of them and noticing a reduction in supply and when she stopped she had more milk, IMO it can't hurt to try stopping them and seeing what happens.
    Omg! Thank you for that. I don't think I have less milk though I would hate or it to happen. Thank you

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    Green poos can also be a sign of nothing-much-in-particular.

http://www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk...mean-when.html

It's a bit like the 'when do I tell they're hungry' thing - watch your baby, not the clock (or your baby, not their nappies, in this particular case ).

The foremilk/hindmilk thing is all a bit of a myth (another link: http://thefunnyshapedwoman.blogspot....-quest-of.html ).

How's your bub going? Does he seem upset? Is he having enough wet nappies? Putting on a bit of weight? Having several rest periods during the day etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam-I-Am View Post
    Green poos can also be a sign of nothing-much-in-particular.

http://www.analyticalarmadillo.co.uk...mean-when.html

It's a bit like the 'when do I tell they're hungry' thing - watch your baby, not the clock (or your baby, not their nappies, in this particular case ).

The foremilk/hindmilk thing is all a bit of a myth (another link: http://thefunnyshapedwoman.blogspot....-quest-of.html ).

How's your bub going? Does he seem upset? Is he having enough wet nappies? Putting on a bit of weight? Having several rest periods during the day etc?
    He's been waking more often than before, has been whingy more etc. but that could also be because he is now "term" having been 5 weeks prem and is no longer a sleepy baby.. Loads of wet nappies always soiled.. So maybe diahorrea? Sleeping lots.. Put on 700 grams the fortnight just past..

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    If it's diarrhoea, it's going to be more watery than normal newbie stools - ie you're going to see water sucked into the nappy with a bit of coloured residue left in the nappy...it doesn't sound like this is the case?

TBH...he sounds fine to me. Being a little more unsettled is probably normal with the age he's just gotten to, and he's making *good* weight gains (30g a day is considered very good - he's nearly doubling that!). Having said that - I'm not his mummy, and mummy instinct is far more powerful than most people give it credit, so if you feel that there's something wrong, I definitely feel you're doing the right thing by following it up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tam-I-Am For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (08-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll see what the gp says when the results come back. He seemed to think that if it was anything, it was probably a virus. I was hoping his poos would be that wonderful curdley mustard coloured type that is so typical of breastfed babies by now! Still smells the same, still curdled, just green and mucousy.