+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are amazing! And a lot stronger than me!! DH is home ( and very helpful and supportive ) and I'm still struggling with my 2!!! Big hugs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    Yep our tv gets a good workout too. I couldn't manage without it. What time are you expecting your DH home? You just sound exhausted and at the end of your rope, you poor thing. At least its Friday. Will your DH be home on the weekend (i don't know what he does for a living). I have often been hanging out for DH to come home.

I see the trips are 2.5 now, i know its not much help today but they are really getting to the age now where they will begin to entertain themselves, be able to carry things and start doing some stuff for themselves. You have got this far with them, and it will really start to get easier very soon. My dd2 is 3 in March and she has grown up an awful lot in the last 3 months, she is almost a pre-schooler now as opposed to a big baby/toddler.
    DH is home every weekend now, has his head stuck in books but he's home. I'd kill him if he wasn't. Came home about 1.

They entertain themselves now just like to fight too. They're really good helpers etc, fighting is fun apparently.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok so if this doesn't sound wrong or blunt or anything, that all sounds pretty normal. I think I have read before that the triplets were prem? I am sure it has been a very challenging journey for you to get this far, it sounds like you are personally very low on reserves. Are you lacking in support where you are? And that is the reason for the move? is there anyone else you can call on to come help for a few hours while you catch up on some sleep and DH studies?

Forgive me, i know you post a lot on here and I'm sure all these suggestions have been made before, I just feel for you cos i know that desperate feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post

They entertain themselves now just like to fight too. They're really good helpers etc, fighting is fun apparently.
    Apparently this is true! I read somewhere that while adults think fighting is undesirable, toddlers may actually enjoy rough play and fighting. So when toddlers are fighting over the same toy, unless they are really visibly upest, they may enjoy playing that way (or maybe it's just an excuse to sit on your bum and have a rest while they "sort it out" who knows?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A well earned rest I might add!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma inky View Post
    Apparently this is true! I read somewhere that while adults think fighting is undesirable, toddlers may actually enjoy rough play and fighting. So when toddlers are fighting over the same toy, unless they are really visibly upest, they may enjoy playing that way (or maybe it's just an excuse to sit on your bum and have a rest while they "sort it out" who knows?
    Till punches are thrown & noses bleed.

Yes, bloody noses are a common occurrence in this house.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    hun, I find my boys a handful and they are 3&4 I can't imagine having 3 of my DS2s! I hear u on the rough and tumble...I hesitate to use the word play lol rough and tumble fighting! Have u looked at 123 magic? It's been a lifesaver here before it I was really about to throw in the towel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have no idea what 123 Magic is.

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    it's a behaviour management system... see if your local library has the book. it's very good.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Like OJ&Me said its a behavior management technique, basically you count obnoxious behavior (whining, arguing etc) and it gives you techniques for encouraging positive behavior. There is no yelling and after they have done time out there is no discussion at all. I know it sounds like it won't work but I was willing to try anything apart from obviously smacking to try and make life livable again. The part I find helpful is if you have siblings you can count them together. If they are hurting someone or what they are doing is dangerous its a ticket straight to time out.

Anyway, I know it would be so hard for you to find the time to read the book (I got mine through iBooks but I'm not sure if you can do that) but honestly it is so helpful, I loved my boys but sometimes as the book points out I don't always like them and that's not right it was that point that I decided to give it a go.

Sorry if that's jumbly, fak a wiggly baby!