+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    couldn't read and not offer some

Can you just let them run around the back garden while you sit on the step and supervise from a distance? I really struggle with two, I take my hat off to you with three...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Is there any respite available for you? In home care/daycare?

You may not feel it, but your a supermum even just getting up each day and getting through the day with 3 nearly 3 year olds.

I hope you get help you need soon.
    Day care is Wednesday, I spent the day asleep on the lounge. Literally slept the hole day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    Krystal, *hugs* this is such a trying age. it was hard with twins I can't even imagine what it would be like with triplets.

Can you completely child safe one room and just put them in there for 30mins? it won't kill them... sometimes that's what I had to do with O and J.. just lock off the loungeroom, remove everything except pillows and beanbags, put a Wiggles DVD on and just walk away for 15mins.

Do you have friends nearby that can come over with their kids? Do the trips play better with other children there?

I won't suggest taking them out, coz that's just crazy and I'm getting anxious just thinking about taking 3 almost 3yr olds out...

will they play with water? Can you just lock the house up, pack a picnic and just stay in the yard with water play and bubbles and balls?

Anything to make it easier just to get through these hours till DH gets home.
    They're watching telletubies with a massive bowl of chips. Most they cam do is push the tv & Christmas tree over.

I was trying to get to the park when poop hit the fan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    couldn't read and not offer some

Can you just let them run around the back garden while you sit on the step and supervise from a distance? I really struggle with two, I take my hat off to you with three...
    Tried that one, just want to be inside. We've been out every day this week, 3 of the just want to be inside.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So do YOU feel the need to get out? If you are exhausted and they want to be home, there is no harm in putting on the TV, pulling out a few toys and letting them go for it while you lie on the couch or sit in the next room. I only have two but I have PND also and we spend a lot of days like that. I feel terribly guilty for not being more in control but i figure it won't be this hard forever and so I just do what i need to do to get through the day. to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    So do YOU feel the need to get out? If you are exhausted and they want to be home, there is no harm in putting on the TV, pulling out a few toys and letting them go for it while you lie on the couch or sit in the next room. I only have two but I have PND also and we spend a lot of days like that. I feel terribly guilty for not being more in control but i figure it won't be this hard forever and so I just do what i need to do to get through the day. to you
    No, I want to go back to bed, cry & sleep.

Tvs been on all day, good old nick jnr.

Thanks
    Reviews

You are an amazing mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I had to have a giggle at your "out numbered" comment. . . .
    Some days I just don't have enough arms for two kids, not even twins, well done or managing your 3!
    We have a trampoline in our lounge room, one with the sides on it. People think we're weird when they come to visit but some days I can only manage to get to the loo by putting DS in his "cage"....
    I miss home too, I took the kids to mum and dads over new year and DS had a ball running around the wide open space of the front yard and I could just sit and be on the verandah, bliss! Hopefully it happens for you REAL SOON!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My aunt volunteers for the Red Cross and goes and helps mums who have multiples, helps in whatever way she can. Is this service available in your area?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    No, I want to go back to bed, cry & sleep.

Tvs been on all day, good old nick jnr.
    Yep our tv gets a good workout too. I couldn't manage without it. What time are you expecting your DH home? You just sound exhausted and at the end of your rope, you poor thing. At least its Friday. Will your DH be home on the weekend (i don't know what he does for a living). I have often been hanging out for DH to come home.

I see the trips are 2.5 now, i know its not much help today but they are really getting to the age now where they will begin to entertain themselves, be able to carry things and start doing some stuff for themselves. You have got this far with them, and it will really start to get easier very soon. My dd2 is 3 in March and she has grown up an awful lot in the last 3 months, she is almost a pre-schooler now as opposed to a big baby/toddler.