+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hospital - bed rest

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right part to post this question? So please move if wrong area...

So I am being admitted to hospital next week for what hopefully will be a long stay, I am trying to work out what I will need to pack for this... I will be in hospital to bub arrives which best case is a couple of months away.

I am thinking I will need at least 3 x pj, then comfy clothes for the day etc But just wanting to know from any of you other things I should pack. I do have my laptop and have movies and a tv show a few season so that should help pass the time.

thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I spent 10 weeks in & out of hospy.

I didn't worry about taking anything for the kids cause they were going to NICU no matter what.

I took 4 days worth of clothes, 2 pairs of pjs, socks/slippers, my pillows & blanket, lappy, Internet stick, movies, munchie foods (they never fed me enough), cosmetic case with supply's - hair dryer, straightener etc. Best thing to do is make it as homely as possible & take a few extra days worth of clothes incase no one can wash for you.

Good luck & be prepared to sleep the days away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would pack some headphones for listening to the TV/computer. I was sometimes up a lot later than others in my room and didn't want to disturb them with noise. Also if you're stuck on the maternity ward headphones to block out the babies crying is good too

I also had reading books, crossword puzzle books, cards, snack foods for those in between times when I got hungry, my own teabags (the hospital ones were gross!) and my own toilet paper because that hospital stuff is horrible and scratchy for prolonged periods of time and especially after you have bub you'll want something softer!

If you're allowed to move around the ward, and sit in other rooms/outside areas on the balconies etc then a good pair of comfy slippers to walk around in, and fluffy socks for at night when the air con seems to be pumped up to high volume and those thin blankets don't do much in the way or warmth.