+ Reply to Thread

Default 21 month DD - toddler tantrums, help/advice needed please

Hi all,

Okay so yes we now have a true toddler who lately seems to only scream, cry, whinge, throw things and herself onto the floor all for the most simple of things not going her way. She won't stop when told no (almost does it to spite us really).

It has gotten to the point where it's almost impossible to go anywhere on your own or as a family with her as she just screams and cries to get her way. It is making my DH and I fight with each other due to the stress of the situation and we have tried many methods to combat the behaviour with no improvement

I realise that much of this behaviour is a phase and that there is also a language barrier to some degree (although she does understand and speak a lot) but to be honest we are at the point where we are tearing our hair out and blaming ourselves for doing it all wrong. Our DD is extremely independent (does not scare when you walk away, she just waves and let's you go) so very strong headed and stubborn (like her mum haha)

We would love to hear any advice or experiences where you have that have had success. Thank you for listening and hopefully helping us

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app - auto correct is shut, it sax!