+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    1. not at all- husband is a meat and potatoes guy
    2. i do inside, he does outside+ car stuff (but will tell me i should be getting the kids to help)
    3. no, but only because i'm not ready to leave my adorable baby much- he'd be more than happy to look after the kids.... it all works out

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzyplus4 For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1. Does your OH complain about the food you cook? Maybe not so much complain but doesnt fancy what you cook? And asks you to make certain dishes? In particular ones that take a long time to make?

DH used to do most of the cooking, but we ate badly, lots of convenience foods. Now I'm at home a lot more I cook and make better meals. Sometimes he complains but it's warrented - I'm not that great at it yet so I'm usually quietly thinking that it's not great either. Eg. I made apricot chicken a few nights ago, it was complained about, I must of doen something differently because I thought it wasn't as good as usual and unfortunately it's made us both a bit sick.

2. How much does your OH "really help" with cleaning. Excluding kids just cleaning/ washing dishes/ laundry that type of thing. I am meaning on a regular basis not just here and there.

Sort of, only when he's been nagged about the fact that he hasn't done his alloted jobs for the week.

3. Do you have "me" time the same amount as your OH. For example your OH goes out once a week with mates does that mean you can do the same without any confrontation from OH and OH staying home looking after kids?

DH rarely goes out and I go out about once a week or so. He doesn't mind in the slightest, never has.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

1. Does your OH complain about the food you cook? Maybe not so much complain but doesnt fancy what you cook? And asks you to make certain dishes? In particular ones that take a long time to make? I 'trained' DH to not expect much domestically when we first started dating. I did the absolute minimum as I was too busy having fun and being a party girl! I used to ring my mum to ask how to boil an egg (that is the truth, too). Now, he is very appreciative of everything I do in the kitchen. My parents and sister are awesome cooks and we eat at theirs a lot too

2. How much does your OH "really help" with cleaning. Excluding kids just cleaning/ washing dishes/ laundry that type of thing. I am meaning on a regular basis not just here and there.

He works away but when he's home he does a lot. More than half. I feel lazy actually. When he didn't work away and was doing 70 hours a week he still helped and contributed. E.G whoever cooks, the other cleans. He always helps with floors etc.

3. Do you have "me" time the same amount as your OH. For example your OH goes out once a week with mates does that mean you can do the same without any confrontation from OH and OH staying home looking after kids?

He encourages it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. Doesn't complain, but expects me to make time consuming meals now that I am a SAHM and apparently have all the time in the world to do stuff. As well as look after 3 stepkids and out 6month old baby....... Oh - one of the first nights I was home after having baby I made apricot chicken (my faaaaave) and was told "you do know that now you aren't Woking and at home all day you don't have to do the quick meals that you used to do after work...."

2. Zero cleaning- as above, I have "all day to do things" so everything is my job. Always has been though even before baby and working full time.

3. Nope! oh actually he watched bubs for 40 mins the other day while we were staying at a hotel for 3 nights so I could run down and have a pedicure.... With HIS mother......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1. Does your OH complain about the food you cook? Maybe not so much complain but doesnt fancy what you cook? And asks you to make certain dishes? In particular ones that take a long time to make?

He won't complain he has actually eaten some meals I like a few times until I mention one day I'm making it and he finally tells me he doesn't actually like it but just eats it anyway!!! Sometimes he asks me to make certain things but that doesn't bother me much.

DP doesnt clean unless I ask him to do something. But then he is usually happy to do it. (unless it's washing the cars and cleaning them he does that on a regular basis) it annoys me sometimes that he won't just clean something - I have to say can you clean that for me?

We don't really go out without DD lol but I wanted to do a course at the end of last year, it was over 6 weekends so DP watched DD on the weekend while I did the course he had no issue with it even though they were his only days off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

Janesmum123  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Meals - no he doesn't really complain about what I cook unless it is something that just hasn't worked. He will sometimes ask for something specific, or lengthy if we haven't had it for a while - like a roast

Cleaning - it's a mix. He will get in one of his moods and just clean. Other times he will leave jobs to me

Me time - dh def has more. I pulled him up today because he locked himself away to watch StarWars at 5pm (dinner/bath/bed time). Asked him how happy he'd be if I did that tomorrow night?? He wisely hit pause!

Dh has no probs if I want to go out for dinner with the girls etc. He doesn't moan about "babysitting". He just wants me to plan around dd2 booby monster! He is yet to take both girls out by himself yet...
    Last edited by babycart; 05-01-2012 at 23:03.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    1: he does all the cooking

2: i generally clean but he will do anything I ask without complaining

3: I probably get more me time than him

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jess1889 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine loves my cooking. He will get sick of certain thinfs if he feels ww've had them too often and isn't big on leftovers either but he rarely makes requests and always cleans his plate.

He will tell you he helps a ton but truthfully he hasnt a clue how much work goes into a house this size with two kids (three counting him) and two dogs (including his that I hate for shedding so much I have to vacuum daily). He doesnt walk his dog either and its a lab and needs that so tge dog is not well behaved and runs off a lot. He helps fold laundry twice a month maybe. Does the dishes once a week on average. Never vacuums, mops, dusts. Cleans his study only twice a year- at the end of each school semester. Doesnt clean up after himself and hates it when I ask him to make the bed. Hes 32. Im not expecting him to grow out of it at this point. can ya tell this is a testy subject in our house? Lol

Me time... He gets mkre than me but he will argue that. Neither of us really go out alone. Dont kbow many people herr and both so busy w school. At home tho- he gets way more me time than I do. Always playing some game on his cell or computer

Sent from my DROIDX using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Babiesoneday For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    1. He never complains about my cooking, and will complement often.

2. I stay at home, and he works, so I don't expect him to do anything. But now I'm pregnant and feel like crap, he's been picking up the slack. Before that he would do dishes occasionally and vacuum from time to time. We just got a dishwasher though

3. We have "me" time at home. We are happy to just do our own thing in the same space. He games, I read or chat/post online. Most of our socializing is done together. Sometimes I will have a catch up with my friends and have "girl time" while he is working.

Our marriage is very laid back, and just works for us. We only find we get frustrated over silly little things if we haven't had sex for ages lol.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Henja29 For This Useful Post:

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

No, he doesn't. I'm not meaning to blow my own whistle here, but I am a good cook and I've learned ancient family recipes from my grandma as well as inventing my own recipes. He always praises my food and asks questions like "What's that 'bite' at the end of the taste? It's like...woodsy" I'll say "Oh, basil, I put a heap in" then "It's a bit too strong this time, but I liked it when it was less strong". So, next time, I use less.
    He does ask me to make his favourite dishes, but mostly I choose based on certain things. For example, during heat he gets bad heartburn, so I don't make anything rich, creamy or with fish in it {fish gives him heartburn}.

During winter, he likes slowcooker meals, so he'll ask for one, and I'll do it. I like them too
    , so it's good. I never cook anything that either of us doesn't like.

None, unless I ask. He spends all day at work supporting us, I do not expect him to come home and finish up my jobs on top of that.

He'll take his plate to the sink after eating and stack it next to the sink, he'll keep his dirty clothes in the wash basket for me to wash later on, he'll keep his shoes tucked into his cupboard.
    And if I'm doing a massive wash of the bedsheets, he'll hang them up on the line for me because I'm not strong enough to lift a wet king size sheet up and over the tiny wire over my head.

But otherwise, no. The cleaning and cooking and general housekeep is my job. Of course this is easier because we have a unique relationship, where we both believe it is my pride and my place to be at home, and therefore I'm extremely happy doing the upkeep, and he's happy for me that I'm satisfied doing my jobs.
    He'll help if I need it, for example he does the DIY work, spider killing, the 3-monthly flea spray and barrier spray and most of the gardening because he loves gardening with a passion.

We have "me" time together, for the most part. We all go out together and that's great with all of us. Once every 6 months he'll go out on a camping trip with his survivalist friends and I think it's great. We'll also go away for a week to NSW {only him and me} once or twice a year.
    Every second Friday we go to a movie and Pancake Parlour {YUM!}

I have my weekly times where I have to be alone on the computer without a child at my feet to answer emails for the Men's Rights group, but that doesn't take long.

If he's home early he'll take her to the park or for a walk, so I can have a nap or a read.
    Before Christmas I had a lot of sewing to do and I barely saw either of them for the entire time. I'd pick up my fabric and he'd take her outside to plant strawberries or walk with him to the Reject Shop or whatever so I could get uninterrupted work done.

We share the same friends and if I have to go out with them just me, he's fine with that, but I'm sure that I don't take too long. But that's simple courtesy.

Hope it helps!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post: