+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD has one in her room and has for a few years now (shes 8) and its great!

If I have friends over, DD can chill in her room and watch a movie, if she has friends over they can do the same and as an added bonus, she has started waking up and watching her morning cartoons until DP or I get up giving me a nice sleep in over the holidays

Her tv also only has abc tuned in on her set top box and a DVD player built in, helps me monitor what she watches without having to always be watching over her shoulder IYKWIM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I dont believe that a television should be in any bedroom. IMO the less electrical devices in the bedroom the better the sleep.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Poppers For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (09-01-2012),WorkingClassMum  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Each to their own. In my opinion though, no. I am all for kids watching a DVD for some rest time, but I would rather watch it with them or keep an eye on them in the living area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used to have one in dss room and I hated it. I wanted him to have his own tv to watch his crap ( wrestling and football ugh boys !) but when we moved we decided to find a house with a rumpus and now it's better. Room is for sleep only!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah I wouldn't really want to put a tv in my kids room. I'd put one in mine though - even if it's for kids to watch DVDs in my bed before going to their own beds to sleep.

Though I'd like to move to a 3 bedroom house at some point and depending on how they go I'd have jasper & little miss share a room and use the third bedroom as a play room & put a tv in that room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I may get blasted but my dd has a tv in her room.. She is two. It isn't connected to the antenna, it's only for dvds when we want the tv in the lounge room.
    She has no problem with sleep or anything like that, and her room doubles as the play room so it had load of toys too.
    If she had problems not being able to turn it off, or getting to sleep because of it we would have no problems removing it.
    It also isn't used as a sleeping aid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 4yr old has a tv in his room, it's one of those "Cars(the movie)" tv with the built in dvd player, I don't have an antenna connected so he can't watch Tv, but he will watch a movie in there once a day, he doesn't nap anymore, so when DS2 is napping during the day it's his "quite time" in his room.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's up to you.

If you don't mind and enjoy the benefits as PP's have mentioned of having a tv in their room, provided they follow your rules, then go for it.

If you don't want a tv in their room for any of the above reasons or any of your own reasons, then don't.

Right now, DD is only 2 and we have tv times for her during the day so we have no need for one but as she gets older and our lives change, who knows what we'll do.

I'm neither for or against at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dad has so many spare tvs, and he wanted to put one in my son's room at 3yo.

we have one in the lounge room and one in our bedroom, and that's enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our house is a no-TV zone, so that would be an easy decision for us.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duncan_bayne For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (07-01-2012),WorkingClassMum  (09-01-2012)