+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a lack of sleep melt down today. I seriously think I have insomnia. I am tired all day and as soon as the sun goes down I'm a ball of energy! It sucks

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

Jurty  (10-01-2012)

DJMUMMY is offline BH Advocate for south west Sydney
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jurty before baby I was tired all the time then had a miscarriage then fell pregnant and had a big healthy bubba....all this contributed to low iron stores and low iron can make you feel exactly how you have been feeling....hope this is a help in some way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks DJ. I try to be conscious of my iron levels but def don't get enough.

Cmon Jurty!! Take better care of yourself!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jurty For This Useful Post:

DJMUMMY  (11-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodelly View Post
    I had a lack of sleep melt down today. I seriously think I have insomnia. I am tired all day and as soon as the sun goes down I'm a ball of energy! It sucks
    This is me!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lack of sleep makes me batty I can remember things, my mind plays tricks on me I end up tinkling everyone hates me, when it's really bad I can't drive and ATM coz of the heat I feel nauseated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    When I had DS I went from being a cheerful, happy, calm young woman to a sad, anxious, grumpy woman! He was an absolute SHOCKING sleeper until almost age 5 YEARS of age. I still want to punch a wall when I think back to how bad he was at sleeping.

I would often enter a room to get/do something and just totally forget so give up, would be half way through a sentence and just forget what I was talking about, would forget entire conversations, often had to pull over while driving to burst into tears and have someone pick us up because I was so afraid I'd crash.

There isna reason sleep deprivation is still used as a form of torture - because it IS! Just a shame so many parents have to suffer this torture in silence while caring for our precious little ones...the little darlings causing such torture!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

DJMUMMY  (11-01-2012),Sparklydreamer  (11-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It doesn't affect me too much, luckily. I tend to go to bed at all kinds of ridiculous hours, so am used to functioning on little sleep. It was a bit of a blessing when the kids were babies.

Sent from iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A lot I have fibromyalgia and some weeks Im so exhausted I could literally sleep for weeks, if I dont get at least 8 hours sleep a night I dont remember things like how I drove to the shops or conversations with people!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If i don't get decent sleep i will become very irritable, i cry for no reason, get frustrated easily, forget things, i look like crud (red eyes, bags etc) - it's really awful.
    Since having kids i had adapted to needing less sleep but lately i have found even with decent sleep i still feel totally exhausted i don't know why, i am forever tired.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Before I had kids I used to sleep SO much! 8 hours was minimum, 10 hours if I could.

So I guess the sleep deprivation of having kids hit me like a ton of bricks, depression, irritability, crying etc.

Now I've not had a decent nights sleep for 8 years, I barely notice it. I think I've actually become kind of borderline insomniac.