+ Reply to Thread
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Red face How did you feel?

Just wondering how you felt when you found out you were pregnant? Especially during the first 3 months? (Emotionally).
    I'm experiencing a mixture of elation and joy one minute to anxiety and a very surreal feeling the next.. and sometimes wake up feeling sheer terror!Like oh my god, this little soul is inside of me, right now! And will depend on me for everything; no pressure, right?
    I had my first very young and got through that absolutely fine, so you'd think I't be a cake walk.. but it's been 12 years between bubs! Most of the time I'm calm and relaxed, but I still can't believe this is real! It's an amazing, extraordinary feeling to be pregnant and I totally love and want this, but I'm human and a tad nervous. Sooo..
    How do you feel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is exactly how I felt! Mixed in with fear that something was wrong because I felt pretty much fine apart from tiredness the first 12 weeks! But all was good at the 12 week scan. I don't see how it would be possible to feel any other way I am glad the first trimester is out of the way though....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, the 1st trimester is scary. I keep thinking this is too good to be true and that something will go wrong.. can't wait for my 12 week scan! Just want to hear that heartbeat and count those fingers and toes! Doesn't help that i work in childcare and see so many poor little ones with disabilities and it's like they're absolutely perfect except for one gene defect or something, how one crucial thing during development can change everything, so sad to see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With my second i was ALL over the place. Excited at first, petrified, scared and happy all at the same time. I got to the point where i wasnt even sure i wanted the bub.
    I had alot going on. Forsty he was a bit of a shock (not fully unplanned but sooner than expected), i got married when i was 6 weeks and honeymooned in Italy for 3 weeks afte that. PLus got a major bug on the plane trip home. Throw into the mix a teething toddler and morning sickness and im not suprised i was feeling less than perfect. I ened up speaking to a counsillor it got that bad!!
    I ended up having a GREAT pregnancy (well up until i was SIX days overdue)

The first trimester is tough (toughest i reckon). Hang in there, you'll start feeling better soon. This is your second right?? If so, get as many people as possible to watch your toddler/child so you can have some rest ( i dont know about you but i was super tired in the first trimester)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in almost exactly the same boat! DD is 10 this year and I am just over 4 weeks!
    I feel it's so surreal! I can't get my head around it at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think when there's such a large age gap between having kids, you get so accustomed to having just the one, it's so hard to possibly imagine having another and your cosy little life changing so drastically! Well that's how it feels for me.. It's been me and my little boy for so long now, he's going into highschool and now I'll be doing it all over again! I can't wait, don't get me wrong, it's just so surreal..
    So many different emotions.. I just want to fast forward and have the baby here with me right now and get on with my life, get used to having another bub around the house and go back to my non-hormonal self! When the baby comes I will adjust fine, it's just the anticipation that drives me insane !

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pure utter shock! I was waiting to try IVF again after a cancelled cycle but that didn't stop me trying the cycle I was supposed to 'take a break' - I couldn't believe that we had done it all by ourselves. This is our little miracle baby

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CypKitty For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Unfortunately the fact that I was pregnant was pushed to the far corners of my mind for the first 3 months because I was addimant that I would "take care of it". The few lucid moments I had were filled with terror and denial.

Theres a loooong story behind this of of course but after deciding to keep bub I **** to the other end of the scale: unbearable excitement and overpowering love/amazement.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to captainscaptain For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (07-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for sharing
    I watched an old home video today that I havn't watched in years from when my DS was around 14 months (he's now 12!) and... wow.. I can't believe how fast they grow up and how different everything was and how much I really miss all the baby stuff
    I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that this is really happening, but taking it as it comes; still on a roller coaster of emotions but I was surprised to find that after deciding on a name for the new baby today it suddenly became very real.. and it made me super excited!