+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes my 2 iui's were with injections. I get my DH to give them to me as I'm no good with needles. I did feel like a pin cushion after 2 months though! Had a one month break now straight to ivf with icsi.

I'm 32 and this is my second attempt at starting a family. I was married 4 years ago and tried for 18 months with no luck. When my new DH and I started trying with no luck I knew we wud be going down the ivf road. DH already has 3 kids so it seems it's me that has unexplained infertility. Anyway hopefully this is the little bit of help we need.

My tummy has been feeling a little bloated today but could be all those Easter eggs

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi motherwillbe, yes I am not looking forward to looking like a pin cushion within a couple of weeks!!
    yes the whole unexplained infertility thing would have me baffled. I actually thought that was going to be our issue because we tried for about 14 months with no luck so when the test results pointed at my DH i was actually shocked. I guess it give a clear explanation of why it wasn't happening. I am 34 so the FS said no time to waste anymore. I wish we knew about DH's issue even a couple of years ago but hey we are giving it a shot now.

Hopefully it is just what you need to get your family on the way.

I am also a bit bloated and tired but I think that is more to do with my very lazy weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies

I hope you are doing well with your cycles. The Elonva worked well with me, I did notice AF was lighter & shorter. I ended up having 20 eggs collected, 15 fertilised! Our fresh transfer was unsucessful with a BFN - that left us with 7 frosties. Unfortunately, we had to have our FET cycle cancelled last week as my hormone levels didnt surge as they were meant to.

With the 20 eggs collected, I was very bloated and very tender as my biggest pick up ( 6 & 12) previously.

wishing you both lots of

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rabecah, wow that is a fantastic amount of eggs. Did u feel any different using elonva compared to what you used before??

Lillac, how did ur first needle go today?? Hope it's was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi rabecah, thank you for popping back in to say hello.
    like Motherwillbe said, that is a huge amount of eggs that were collected!!! Its great to hear that you have so many frosties to use, but it must be disappointing that your cycle was cancelled. What levels do they actually measure? I don't know anything about FETs. Yet. I am trying not to get ahead of myself as I don't even know if I will even respond to this Elonva med.
    Are you doing medicated or natural FET?

Motherwillbe, I did my first jab this morning. It was very ouchy!!! It left a sore red spot for a while but now it has disappeared. The bloating has already started for me. I already feel like i have put in 5 kg in the space of a few days.
    Good luck for tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies is the elovna instead of synarel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya

I think I felt 'less stressed' having just the one injection for the first week, it wasnt until EPU that I started feeling rubbish, tho that was due to number of eggs collected.

My previous FETs have all been natural and unsuccessful. This time I went on Clomid as didnt ovulate when we expected, the clinic wanted to help me along. I havent had that issue of not ovulating that I am aware of, all tests have had good results except this time (I had a month break between Elvona cycle & this FET so I am 100% not a side affect)

My progesterone levels went from 9.1 on the monday down to 7.4 by Tuesday - I have googled my heart out and can not find any indication of what the levels should be - it is on my list of questions.

I was meant to have progesterone injections day of FET & and a few days after as I asked for additional support. Hoping that can book on today or tomorrow for next FET cycle.

Lillac - I hate the feeling of bloating, so uncomfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Had my first jab of orgalutran today. DH did it and it was ok. A little thicker then the pen but u just need to jab it in a little quicker and it doesnt hurt..Only two more sleeps till my first blood and scan.

Lillac, good luck with ur scan tomorrow I hope ur needle was less painful today.

Rabecah, Im not to sure what progesterone levels should be either. Even with google sometimes I dont always trust what's on there. My dr said after the transfer I have to use pessaries or a creame. Did u have to use that? I also agree its better only having one injection

Nicole83 I haven't used synarel but elonva is a fsh. One injection lasts 7 days with slow release.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    yes today's jab was so much easier I will be an expert by the end of the week.
    Motherwlllbe thanks for the well wishes its great that we are just one day apart!
    I cant wait till tomorrow as i want to know whats going on in there! I feel really crampy and bloated

rabecah I hope you can get your cycle off the ground soon.My FS is right into natural cycles but if that is not working then I can totally understand taking something to help u along . If you dont mind me asking Does your FS have some ideas of why the embies haven't taken ? GL and all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    well done on the jabs - my DH is petrified of needles so I have to do it myself - your lucky!

With my full stim cycles I have used Crinone which is a progesterone cream - extremely horrid - yuk yuk yuk

Lillac - our FS hasnt said too much about the embies not sticking - they are all high grade ones - I try and think that 'it happened for a reason' blah blah blah. But DH & I have spoken about getting DNA testing done after all the 7 frosties have been used. My mum & her sisters all took time to concieve back in their day (one aunty about 9 m/c before her now grown 3 children)

AF hasnt arrived as predicted so off for a scan tomorrow morning to see if I have a cyst or something that is making this cycle all over the place.