+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elonva? Anyone used this?

Good Evening

DH & I are heading into round 3 ICIS next week after a year off the IVF roller coaster. We are going to use the newer Elonva drug, so only need to have one injection which lasts 5-7 days before starting orgatran.

Has anyone tried Elonva yet and have any insights? I have read all the pros & cons though can not find any personal responses??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Rabecah,

I wondered when FS in Australia would start using Elonva, looks like you're going to be among the first to try it. You are the 2nd person I've heard of who'll be using it. Its been available in Europe for quite some time and was approved by the Aust TGA in July 2010.

You might find some info on a European IVF forum? Maybe the UK?

I'm stimming at the moment but my FS stuck with regular Gonal F. I wanted to ask for Elonva, but changed my mind as we're doing PGD this cycle and I didn't want to introduce another variable. Would love to see updates from you on how things go.

Good luck and enjoy the jab free days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lindy

Just thought I would pop in with an update. all went well with the Elonva. Had to top up with Purgon day 8 for 2 days. EPU yesterday (Friday) with 20 eggs collected, found out this morning that 13 fertilised. Our biggest collection yet! Not sure if it was the Elonva or a good day, but previous collections were 6 & 12. ET on Tuesday if all goes to plan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Just stumbled on this and thought i would sign up and reply, as i have just done a cycle in December using Elonva and couldnt find much feedback at the time online either. Although i didnt get the great numbers that you did Rabecah (well done!), i did get 11 eggs which is more than my previous 3 stim cycles. Also, at my last scan before EPU i was told there was only 4-5 follicles - so was surprised and relieved to end up with 11.
    I had to top up for a couple of days at around Day 7/8 as well (i used gonal f) and was worried nothing was happening in there bc i had very little bloating/discomfort throughout cycle (unlike previous cycles!).

So i would say it worked well for me as my previous collections were 4, 6 & 1.

Rabecah - Goodluck for your ET on Tuesday, hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rabecah

How did u go with ur embryo transfer?

I'm doing my first round of ICSI using elonva after two failed iui's. I've been TTC for 2 years now so I hope this works

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies I thought I'd pop into this thread as i am on my first Icsi cycle and had an Elonva injection a few days ago . I tried to google it but like some of you said I can't find much information about it . All I know is that the nurse said I was lucky that I was missing out on some injections because of it.
    No symptoms so except slight headache but I noticed that my AF pretty much stopped the day after the shot..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Excuse my ignorance but I'm still getting to know the acronyms on this site. Is AF your period?? If that's the case then Lillac I'm with u. Got my elonva shot yesterday, day 2 of my cycle and today it's pretty much finished!! It usually lasts about 5 days so it seems the shot has cut it short. My first blood and scan booked for 13 April. Nurse said same to me about it being good as it decreases the amount of injections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi motherwillbe,
    yes AF is aunt flo!
    it does take a while to get used to the acronyms!
    I was a bit surprised that my periods are now finished but I am assuming it is normal (hopefully). I am one day ahead of you I had my shot on Friday. My first monitor is on Thursday.
    Now I am noticing that I am getting an increase of CM (cervical mucus) similar to what I would get before I ovulate.
    I read in another thread that it is normal during stims.
    When are you starting the antagonist injection? I have to start jabbing on Tuesday and I am nervous that I will forget what to do..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh thanks for the clarification on AF!

I start the antagonist injections on Wednesday. Using orgalutran.

Other than AF stopping I haven't noticed any other changes yet. Will keep u posted though as our cycles are pretty close to each others. Is this your first ivf cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi motherwillbe yes I'd love to keep in touch during our cycles . This is my first time doing this and I am nervous and excited at the same time. We went straight to ICSI as my DH has low sperm count . I still cant believe we had to go down IVF path and all the testing happened so quickly but here i am!
    I am also going to start on orgalutran tomorrow. First needle ever

I noticed you said you had done 2 IUI's before.. Was that using injectibles too?