+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    a boy called Justyenne.

Also, the boy should be called 'Justin' and not pronounced "just-eye-en", and she hates that people assume he's a she.
    Isn't "enne" the feminine suffix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (05-01-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjay View Post
    Does she mean a silent E like you would say eLisbeth (pronouncing eL) like Xavier can be eXavier?
    But Xavier vs eXavier/ ex-zavier to me is more like Double pronouncing the X.. I would spell eXavier/ex-zavier XXavier.. As is one X like X-ray & one like Xylophone. And belive me My Aunt wasn't too happy when I Put that on my Cousin's present.. I did tell her if she pronounced it how it was spelt I would have put that on there, but I had only heard her say the "Ex-Zavier" pronunciation.

Pronouncing Lisbeth as Elizabeth is Never gonna happen without an E, and an A and if she was E-liza-beth not E-lisa-beth she needs an Z too. But I can be pedantic on pronounciation

As for Strange Names.. MINE.. I personally haven't put it on Bub Hub, but if you search it is is there. It now means I Know of one other person in the country with the first name. I also stopped using it except for legal stuff almost 15 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah fair enough, I try to steer clear of confusing words especially names. Some people definitely blow my mind though when it comes to what they name their kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure how they are spelt but the two most bogan names my friends and I have ever heard screamed out by frazzled mums are Soldier (boy) and Khe Sanh (girl). Urghh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    Isn't "enne" the feminine suffix
    I was going to say the same thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    HAHAHAHAHA!

What an idiot.

How about if you give your kid ridiculous mis-spelt names, you accept that people aren't going to know wtf you expect of them.

Considering neither utilises the English language correctly, I don't know why she thinks everyone should just understand. Jeez.

Lisbeth is Liz-beth. Whatever her boy's name is... is some frankenstein's monster of a name, and she should be thankful people bother trying to pronounce it at all. lol.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

1+1=5  (09-01-2012),Luna Lovegood  (05-01-2012),Stiflers Mom  (05-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My sons, it's completely made up and completely whacked out but means soooo much to both my dh and I ...

*** end of transmission ***

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

ComeBackKid  (06-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen loads in my job

The one that sticks in my mind was a few years ago. I admitted twin girls to the nursery. One was called Jessica the other I asked dad what her name was so I could write out her cot card.., pheobe he says, beautiful name no worries, out of habit ask if they're spelling the traditional way

No, he says were going to spell it differently
    My heart sinks

Fibi...,, that poor child

Bfp!!! Little bug due 25/6/12

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wow. Some people are just idiots. Sorry but really???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor kids! Lisbeth is at least a real name (I learned that from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) but her name wasn't pronounced Elizabeth! Justennye (or however it was written) is just silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Mopeg View Post
    Not sure how they are spelt but the two most bogan names my friends and I have ever heard screamed out by frazzled mums are Soldier (boy) and Khe Sanh (girl). Urghh
    I'm guessing the second mum must have been a Cold Chisel fan...

My little munchkin due May 2012! So to keep me busy till then, I'm learning how to use my iPhone.