+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've remembered a couple of weird names.
    Kerosene and Misty moon.
    The poor love that called her daughter kerosene seen the word and thought it was pronounced ke-ross-en-ee. True.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    They have been. They met when he was 18, I remember reading it.
    They broke up and got back together a while ago I'm pretty sure? I think it was just before the birth of the first bub? Could be wrong and this is really sidetracking lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jamie and Deni Hines??

noooo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have an unusual name and some people mispronounce it which I can live with. What I LOATHE though is when someone - business, person etc - has a document with my name written down on it correctly and they write it again on another document and misspell it. It's just so sloppy and wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kyffin, it sounds like you're spitting when you say it
    DP's personal favourite was Diamond, who was a very spirited little boy I looked after once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We had a O.p.a.l.s at daycare. Not strange, just different.

Me + He = DD1 (2007), DD2 (2010) & BellyBaby due August 2012
    Angel Baby 1 (July 2008) & Angel Baby 2 (October 2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    When I worked in daycare we had two little African born kids named Sunday and Thokka. We all pronounced it like soccer but with a 'th' sound and after a couple of months the shy mum finally had enough courage to tell us it was pronounced without the 'h' ...so like soccer but with a 't'.
    There were 2 African girls in high school called Sunday and Wednesday.
    In primary school there were identical twins called Zoran and Goran and 3 sisters called unya, munya and sunya.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS has a reasonably common name with an uncommon (in Australia) spelling, his name is quite common and always spelt that way in the country DH grew up in. All our planned names for future children are the same, some stranger (in australia) than others, all spelt different to is the australian norm.

I guess some people might look at it and think we are bogans trying to make his name unique, but our unusal surname probably explains DS foriegn heritage.

People nearly always spell his name wrong the first time, it doesnt really bother me, thats what we get for giving him an uncommon spelling. Hopefully it doesnt iritate him too much when he is older, I dont think it will though, I'm sure he will understand why it is spelt differently and take pride in carrying his great grandfathers name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Worst I've heard is my brother went to school with a girl called P rue B rown. Poor bugger.

I do get annoyed with people choosing to spell conventional names weirdly. What a "gift" to give your kid - having to spell their name out to people all the time. I also dislike replacing letters in name - T ienna instead of S ienna is an example I've recently come across. This little lady is going to be called Tina a lot I'm sure.

ETA: I can understand spellings from other countries if they are meaningful for that family.
    Last edited by becandabub; 07-01-2012 at 15:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to school with a P.ia Gal.on