+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
    Yes but Mr Oliver is apparently also a weirdo who dresses up in his gfs clothing when she is not home (apparently Demi Hines came home one day to Jamie in her dress when they dated...)
    I thought he's been with his wife since High school?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love Rafferty, but probably not Rafferty Flash

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    I thought he's been with his wife since High school?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    They have been. They met when he was 18, I remember reading it.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its not like he would say their full names when calling them to dinner...he'd just say 'Poppy, Daisy, Petal, Buddy...dinner time' ....right? When its like that its not that strange...a little different but I still think 1 kid called Apple is weirder than those 4 names put together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a new kid starting named kapolani I had to read it a few times to understand how to pronounce it.
    I have a few unique names that I've taught my dh always gives me a second look when I mention a kid with a culturally based name that he hasn't heard before but I can't call them weird as I would assume they are just normal names like I had a little boy called fafetai a couple years back I loved his name. When he went to big school the kids teased him that bad he now only goes by Tai and hates being called by her full name I think that's such a shame
    Last edited by Little-Pink-Hen; 07-01-2012 at 00:10.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I worked in daycare we had two little African born kids named Sunday and Thokka. We all pronounced it like soccer but with a 'th' sound and after a couple of months the shy mum finally had enough courage to tell us it was pronounced without the 'h' ...so like soccer but with a 't'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww
    I had a little one just leave named zulaikhah (probounced zu-lake-kah) it's such a beautiful name I loved saying it. It was always funny though watching other parents struggle to pronounce it from reading it and the cutest when the kids would roll the eyes and pronounce it correctly like of course it's said like this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 accuses her father and I of being children when naming her.

I had loved Kitty Sulivan (from The Sulivans TV show) but didn't think Kitty was sufficient for a name, so wanted to choose a name that Kitty could be a nickname for. Her father was happy with Kitty because he liked Kitty Pride from the Xmen. The funny thing was that even though we named her a name that could be abbreviated to Kitty, we never called her Kitty - it just didn't fit.

In early primary school, she asked how we chose her name, and we explained. She then went through a brief period (a couple of weeks) of asking people to call her Kitty, until she tired of it.

PS She is happy with her first name.

-----------

Her middle name, Marie, however she does not appreciate. She points out that it is the most common girls middle name. She says she wouldn't have minded it for her first name, but not as a middle name.

As for the origin, ... I got it from Westside Story (Maria). Her father was happy with it but as far as he was concerned it was after Maria from The Sound of Music.

DD1 is not happy with either reference - a girl in a gang from a modern Romeo and Juliet, or a nun who didn't have the discipline to stay in the calling.

And she says she would've rathered Maria as a middle name as opposed to Marie.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 07-01-2012 at 01:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    DD1 accuses her father and I of being children when naming her.

I had loved Kitty Sulivan (from The Sulivans TV show) but didn't think Kitty was sufficient for a name, so wanted to choose a name that Kitty could be a nickname for. Her father was happy with Kitty because he liked Kitty Pride from the Xmen. The funny thing was that even though we named her a name that could be abbreviated to Kitty, we never called her Kitty - it just didn't fit.

In early primary school, she asked how we chose her name, and we explained. She then went through a brief period (a couple of weeks) of asking people to call her Kitty, until she tired of it.

PS She is happy with her first name.

-----------

Her middle name, Marie, however she does not appreciate. She points out that it is the most common girls middle name. She says she wouldn't have minded it for her first name, but not as a middle name.

As for the origin, ... I got it from Westside Story (Maria). Her father was happy with it but as far as he was concerned it was after Maria from The Sound of Music.

DD1 is not happy with either reference - a girl in a gang from a modern Romeo and Juliet, or a nun who didn't have the discipline to stay in the calling.

And she says she would've rathered Maria as a middle name as opposed to Marie.
    Kitty always sound very American to me a wife of a politician I think kathleen? Or Catherine is the full name ?
    I would of gone with kitty if you like it

I love my middle name of Maree my mums middle name is maree and my dd middle name is maree too. I hate the Marie spelling though lol only as that's my grandmothers name and it's pronounced different to my maree. How do you pronounce your dd's marie? (please don't take offense )

Marie/maree is extremely common middle name in combination with my first name Ive met very few with my first name who don't share my middle name also and haven't met a lot of people with Marie/maree for a middle name that don't have my first name lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    If you're not careful i'll flash my rafferty at you
    Lmfao